iff

Review of Diary of a short sighted adolescent by Mircea Eliade, translated from the Romanian by Christopher Moncrieff with reference to original translation by Christopher Bartolomew

The unnamed narrator is a student in school. The novel focuses on his life as one, reading balzac or whatever instead of doing homework, failing maths etc, not telling parents you are suspended from school so read a classic in the park, you know normal school boy stuff.

The first half of it I found more interesting and more compulsive reading than the second half . It's an ok book though I do find one particularly writing trope throughout the novel to be an annoyance, this the narrating stating that "I'll Never write the book" when referring to the very book that the reader is reading. However there are some very good passages in the book .

I don't really have much else to say so can't feel that it deserves more than 3.