Sign in to follow this  
Loretta

What are you watching on TV?

A number of new series have appeared  on TV  recently - Bodyguard, Press, and there’s a new series starting tomorrow on BBC 2 - Strangers with John Simm. Has anyone else been watching these? I‘ve recorded Vanity Fair but haven’t got round to watching it yet.

Is there anything else that you find exciting on tv?

Edited by Loretta

Fake or Fortune is on today. (8pm. BBC1)

The team will be trying to find out if a bit  of plaster is a  genuine piece of a Giacometti sculpture. Last in series.

Edited by Loretta

I'm watching the new series of Bake Off, and that's about it!  I'm dreadful at keeping up with what's on.  By the time I hear of something that sounds halfway decent, it's finished and done with, and I have to scrabble around for it on iplayer.

I've just started rewatching old episodes of Sherlock.  It'll be all fine and delicious until I get to Series 3, and then my lip will start to curl and I'll be swearing at the screen.

Edited by Onion Budgie

I was quickly hooked by the recent series of Unforgotten, and  wish I had seen the previous ones. Mr meg hates anything fictional, so it's difficult for me to watch more than one drama a week .

Currently the one I am watching is  Bodyguard. Haven't much enjoyed the gore, nor the sex, but am fascinated by the things going on in David Budd's head. Can't wait to see how he resolves all those conflicting pressures.

We are away on the evening of the last episode - and I will be stuck in a Travelodge with Mr meg, with no-where else to send him for an hour!

Perhaps he could be persuaded to take a nice long bath?

I took an instant dislike to Vanity Fair - or at least to Becky Sharp - many years ago, after reading an  extract from it in a children's compendium of assorted  literature, but I would have tried the TV series (in spite of having my prejudice reinforced by the trailers). Unfortunately:naughty:, it coincides with Bodyguard

Mr meg does like Fake or Fortune, and I watch it with himbut I am finding it a bit repetitious.

We both watch Saving Lives At Sea, and now living so close to the channel coast we have become much more aware of how dangerous it is  both on the sea, and the cliffs, I get anxious every time we hear a helicopter flying overheard.

My father has developed a taste for reality shows that show border crossings and passport control.  These are a bit samey too but occasionally you get to see them discover something huge.  He has also developed a taste for My 600 lb Life.  I record these for him and then have to operate the recorder for him but I can use my tablet /read while doing so if it gets too much for me.

As for me, I still follow Elementary, developing a taste for Instinct, like The Repair Shop and a multitude of others. 

luna, I love Elementary.  I always wait for the DVD box set, and then watch the season all in one big gulp.  Season 6 is due out in a couple of months, so I'm excited about that.

16 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

I'm watching the new series of Bake Off, and that's about it!  I'm dreadful at keeping up with what's on.  By the time I hear of something that sounds halfway decent, it's finished and done with, and I have to scrabble around for it on iplayer.

I've just started rewatching old episodes of Sherlock.  It'll be all fine and delicious until I get to Series 3, and then my lip will start to curl and I'll be swearing at the screen.

And I keep missing it!! 😀I’ll have to watch it on catch-up.

16 hours ago, megustaleer said:

I was quickly hooked by the recent series of Unforgotten, and  wish I had seen the previous ones. Mr meg hates anything fictional, so it's difficult for me to watch more than one drama a week .

Currently the one I am watching is  Bodyguard. Haven't much enjoyed the gore, nor the sex, but am fascinated by the things going on in David Budd's head. Can't wait to see how he resolves all those conflicting pressures.

We are away on the evening of the last episode - and I will be stuck in a Travelodge with Mr meg, with no-where else to send him for an hour!

Perhaps he could be persuaded to take a nice long bath?

I took an instant dislike to Vanity Fair - or at least to Becky Sharp - many years ago, after reading an  extract from it in a children's compendium of assorted  literature, but I would have tried the TV series (in spite of having my prejudice reinforced by the trailers). Unfortunately:naughty:, it coincides with Bodyguard

Mr meg does like Fake or Fortune, and I watch it with himbut I am finding it a bit repetitious.

We both watch Saving Lives At Sea, and now living so close to the channel coast we have become much more aware of how dangerous it is  both on the sea, and the cliffs, I get anxious every time we hear a helicopter flying overheard.

That’s interesting, my husband introduced me to Fake or Fortune. He loves any programme that deals with art. I was intruiged  how they go about proving whether a piece of art is genuine or not, but am amazed of the snobbery shown by some art dealers and galleries.

We both watch the Bodyguard for sheer enjoyment are hooked! It’s too OTT and slick to take seriously, though. Some parts are so unbelievable/ predictable/ out to shock, that I’m not even going to attempt to analyse it. Budd included,  but, I do sympathise with you. There are some programmes my husband refuses to watch - I watch them on my own 🙂

Haven’t seen Saving Lives. I’ve read about cliffs crumbling and houses falling off cliffs. That is worrying.

Every time I see South Pacific in the TV guide, I get excited  thinking it’s the film, but it’s a documentary of the region’s islands instead.😖

6 hours ago, Loretta said:

Every time I see South Pacific in the TV guide, I get excited  thinking it’s the film, but it’s a documentary of the region’s islands instead.😖

Mr meg has been glued to that this evening. Not me.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:54, megustaleer said:

I was quickly hooked by the recent series of Unforgotten, and  wish I had seen the previous ones.

I just finished watching Series 2 today, and like you was hooked. I missed the first series but will be watching out for series 3, whenever it gets here. I'm a big fan of Nicola Walker after seeing her in Last Tango in Halifax.

19 hours ago, megustaleer said:

Mr meg has been glued to that this evening. Not me.

I'm just watching it now - it was recorded on my TiVo box as a suggestion. I do like a good nature documentary. I like nature and travel documentaries and ones about culture - well, pretty much most documentaries I like. I like to learn about cultures too.

I was getting a bit fed up with Bodyguard but then I loved this week's episode - back to Mercurio at his best. 

I also loved all 3 series of Unforgotten. It refused the clichés and had great storylines. People are still talking about Alex Jennings in S3.

We just finished watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I really didn't want to watch it because I don't really like the Tom Clancy kind of boys' own adventure genre but hubby and eldest really wanted to see it. It was bloody amazing. I was gripped start to finish, every episode was pure TV gold. Loved it.

I'm enjoying Bodyguard too, I agree it's far-fetched - the safe house for example has people coming and going all the time, and why is his wife still going to work if she's meant to be in the safe house!  Gripping stuff though, the first 2 episodes were excellent.

I also enjoyed Unforgotten, the first time I've been able to watch the whole series as it was on a different night this time.

I found Keeping Faith disappointing though, she was annoying and it got more far-fetched as it went on.

Looking forward to A Discovery of Witches (recorded the first episode as I was away last week).

Nearly finished watching Killing Eve and loving it. Apparently it was huge in America and there is a massive online buzz. Violent funny and feminist !

Free on the Iplayer and many people are binging the whole box set in one go. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06kbg8t/killing-eve-series-1-1-nice-face

Finally got round to watching Vanity Fair.  Hated the first ten minutes - was thinking of giving up but decided to carry on. Turned out I really enjoyed it, and watched  all of the episodes in one go. It’s very light hearted, easy on the eye.

The only thing I didn’t like about it was the modern music they used at the start and  at the end when the credits go up.

Also enjoying  Press

Looking forward to Bodyguard  finishing this week.  I’m not sure how many plot lines they’ve got left.😀

57 minutes ago, Clavain said:

Nearly finished watching Killing Eve and loving it. Apparently it was huge in America and there is a massive online buzz. Violent funny and feminist !

Free on the Iplayer and many people are binging the whole box set in one go. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06kbg8t/killing-eve-series-1-1-nice-face

It took me awhile to realise it was a black comedy. I’ve only watched one episode.

Just got halfway through the first part of The Art of Drumming for the second time.  It's a series and boy it took a bit to get a hold of the rhythms they were talking about, even the Heavy Metal ones.  

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:15, lunababymoonchild said:

A Discovery of Witches was very good Madeleine, I've seen it and look forward to the next episode

That's good to hear.  Once I finish Outlander (2 more to go) I'll make a start on it.