Sign in to follow this  
Johny Rikson

Ek Mutho Akasher Jonney

We have always wanted to fly like a bird from the ancient days. The desire led us to invent
airplanes and other flying machines. But we were never satisfied seating inside an airplane; we
wanted to feel the empty space around us, we wanted to feel the adrenaline rush jumping from
fifteen thousand feet in the air, we wanted to indulge us in the monkey business of
Ziplining…just to be consistent with the Darwin theory of evolution! The writer brings these
thrill seeking games in his book using his novel and catchy skill of story-telling. Once you start
reading it, you will never be able to leave it aside until you are done with the book. It is just
fantastic!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BookishThings
      We all have baggage. Real friends help you carry it.

It’s 1983 in Boscobel, Wisconsin, in the southwestern corner of the state, known as the Driftless Area. Ellis Sayre is different. He’s a twelve year old orphaned Native American. His adoptive parents lost a son a few years ago and welcomed him to deal with their grief. While stealing day-old bread for a friend in need, Ellis and his two best friends—George and Mason—witness a murder by a local kingpin. Authorities disagree with their story. They call it made up. The boys are trapped, worried for their lives, sending them on a flight to Grandad’s Bluff in La Crosse, WI, along the Mississippi River. Two peripheral stories about Ellis Abbot—a World War II veteran, and Two Right Feet—an orphaned Native American during early 1800’s, are entwined to unearth Ellis Sayre’s roots. They combine to tell the truth.

- I really enjoyed this book, there was mystery, there was confusion, there were surprises and there was a heartwarming account of friendship and what it is to be there for someone. It's brilliant and especially cosy to read this time of year! 
    • By Datadog
      Hi, all!

A few years ago, I released my book "Ancients' Royale" on Kindle, about two immortal (and dysfunctional) brothers running in a bar in Halifax who find themselves in the cross-hairs of a demon sorceress. My second book continues their story, pitting them against the ancient gods and Titans in a worldwide battle royale. I love reading about world mythology, folklore, and religion, but I'm also a big fan of Tintin and "Hitchhiker's Guide", which is where I feel my writing styles stem from. The end result is a "young adult, contemporary fantasy, action-adventure comedy" series that I will wrap up by this summer's end.

Please, feel free to download, post a review, or even go back and buy my first book should this pique your interest! And thanks!

(Note: this book will be free between June 4th and 5th, 2016)

Here's the cover art I drew for it:

• By Jackie
      Hello everyone,

I've recently joined and am hoping to have a good read of the forum over the next few weeks and get to know some of you. However my first post here is to alert anyone who's interested in philosophical fiction, or even slightly bizarre but meaningful fiction  :-D that I am the author of 'Ox Herding: A Secular Pilgrimage,' available on Amazon as both an ebook and paperback. It's an adventure story akin to 'Alice in Wonderland,' but for grown-ups, and with meaning.  :-D

Incidentally, if anyone wants to write a review (which doesn't have to be long or particularly detailed, but must be honest) then I'll happily provide a free copy of the book in whatever digital format suits you best.

Ok, that's it from me for now - just a brief introductory post.

Jackie.
    • By Miller
      Hey!
      I am happy to share with you my recent revelation  - The Journey of Rosalie by Audrey Glanville. As soon as I started reading this book, I simply couldn't stop. You may find this book on smashwords.

I thought it is one of these boring and useless fictions, but it turned out to be an amazing piece of art. I couldn't stop reading it. One of love paradoxes is in its endurance regardless the background that normally can devastate all possible emotional statuses. This fiction novel demonstrates how love can overcome the hardest and most challenging obstacle in frames of the modern-world problems such as political relationships between countries and kidnapping. Rosalie and her beloved Daniel Arnault are being separated and brought back together by unfairness, maltreatment prejudice provoked by the whole world. The story draws a parallel between two worlds: the world of love and the world of circumstances.

I will be glad to discuss this book with you and create a circle of readers. I think it is a very exciting book We have Christmas upcoming holidays when we have some spare time for reading

• By ajhsharp
      Forgive this preamble to announcing my book release and thanks for bearing with me. In 2004 the novelist Tony Saint lamented, in the Telegraph, that he was not even the fifth best novelist in Waverton after his first novel had failed to reach the shortlist of the annual Waverton Good Read Award. Never heard of the WGRA? You are not alone. A little history, then. A family doctor in the village of La Cadière d’Azure, France, decided it might give his patients something to think about beyond their ailments if he got them all reading and voting on the latest novels. So Le Prix De La Cadière d’Azure was born and, although the prize is now discontinued, it inspired enterprising people from the village of Waverton (pop. 2000) in Cheshire to do the same.

Publishers are invited to send debut novels by British authors to be read by dozens of villagers who create a long list, then a short list and then – voila – the winner. It’s one of the few literary prizes run by readers and is now in its eleventh year. Previous winners have included Mark Haddon for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Maria Lewycka for A History of Tractors in Ukrainian, and Tom Rob Smith for Child 44. There are also one or two winning authors that you’ve never heard of like … ahem … myself. The Waverton win came (a cheque and a splendid dinner – thank-you, Waverton) and went but then calamity: my publisher ceased trading and my literary agent changed career. I just hope it wasn’t all my fault.

Despite the below-the-national-radar win and the collapse of my marketing and publishing support, I was delighted that out there, beyond the baying of the city, the steady readers of rural England had liked my novel. They say that the British comedian Norman Wisdom was big in Albania when he was unknown elsewhere and I like to think that I was once big in Waverton.

I had no time in any case to think about the lack of national interest because in the villages of my home patch it was all bouquets and elderflower champagne.  Deep in rural Rutland, in mink-and-manure Manton, villagers filled the village hall for my author talk and in Kibworth in Leicestershire the effervescent owner of the Kibworth Bookshop corralled locals into the pub for a book group evening over gin and beer. In tiny Arnesby, where thatch is as rampant as roses, I fielded questions that good family folk really want to know from an author, such as what his mother thinks of the swearing in his novel. In book groups in Knighton, a village long ago swallowed up by Leicester, we drank glass after glass of wine until we’d all forgotten why we were sitting there with a novel on our laps. In Woodhouse Eves, retirement village for philosophers it seemed, I was probably out of my depth. Nevertheless, I was flattered and grateful for those evenings with readers.

Which finally leads me to say that my second novel, Fortunate, set in a Midlands town and in Zimbabwe, is now out. I’m conscious of the fact that it is just one of well over 100,000 books to be published this year in the UK but I will be more than happy to be big in a village - any village – once again.

Thanks for reading.

www.andrewjhsharp.co.uk

‘Unputdownable. An outstanding novel of love, courage and dangerous intrigue.’ Margaret Kaine.