Sign in to follow this  
bedtime

Your favorite court trials/interrogations?

Pray tell. I'll go first...

Trial:

Jodi Arias Trial - Jodi taking the stand had to be the highlight. At one point, Jodi explains how she was running away from Travis to get a gun to protect herself—a gun which she had previously said was unloaded—and the prosecutor says to her, "What were you going to do with the [unloaded] gun? Throw it at him?"

Interrogation:

The Col. Russell Williams interrogation - Russel starts off as a very confident military officer and over the course of 2.5 hours he ever so slowly (think of a slow cooker on low) breaks down, turning into a pathetic puddle of tears, admitting to the murder, and drowning in his own misery as he makes the realization that his life is pretty much over. Doesn't get much better than that.

Would love to hear yours; I'm looking for a new trial to watch.

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Mine currently : A Few Good Men.  

Perhaps I could've been more specific: I am talking about real life court trials with a judge and a jury. For example, you may have heard of the OJ Simpson or Nuremberg trials—these types.

Oh, and Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown don't count. If anyone mentions them, they will be bitten.

2 hours ago, megustaleer said:

In Books? Films? TV? Real Life?

.Jodi Arias ; Travis;  Col. Russell Williams 

Who are these people?

* Faints and recovers self *

Jodi Arias; Travis

Col. Russell Williams

Please tell me that I'm not the only court trial buff on this forum. :(

Edited by bedtime

We don't  broadcast interrogations and trials over here in the UK.

We don't even allow photographs to be taken in court, although in high-profie cases a press artist is allowed to make sketches of the accused and they get published and are shown on news bulletins. There's usually a gaggle of press waiting to photograph/film/interview people outside the courtroom if the news people think a case is "In The Public Interest".

It annoys me that they seem to confuse  "In The Public Interest" with "things the public might be interested in" (usually scandal and titillation) and use that as an excuse to invade the privacy of anyone they consider newsworthy..

I tend to avoid court coverage in newspapers. They tend to make me feel very sad.

On 2018-08-27 at 04:43, megustaleer said:

We don't  broadcast interrogations and trials over here in the UK.

We don't even allow photographs to be taken in court, although in high-profie cases a press artist is allowed to make sketches of the accused and they get published and are shown on news bulletins. There's usually a gaggle of press waiting to photograph/film/interview people outside the courtroom if the news people think a case is "In The Public Interest".

It annoys me that they seem to confuse  "In The Public Interest" with "things the public might be interested in" (usually scandal and titillation) and use that as an excuse to invade the privacy of anyone they consider newsworthy..

Same here in Canada. I really wish it were more like the US; I would've loved to see the Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka trial and not just some sketches.

Canadian interrogations, apparently, are top notch, and I've found a few on YouTube. And the UK is known for having the best detectives in the world, so I'm betting the trials would be quite interesting. <3 UK

Agreed on the scandals. I think a serial killers trial should be made known to the public; people want to know about this, and such has been a public event for a few thousand years.

18 hours ago, iff said:

I tend to avoid court coverage in newspapers. They tend to make me feel very sad.

I avoid the newspapers, but I do enjoy the trials. Why? Because, generally, there is justice and closure in a trial, which is something you rarely get in the papers.

Edited by bedtime