Sign in to follow this  
megustaleer

Is This Possible ?

I suspect that I have asked this question before, elsewhere on the board, and what I'm after is not available on this version of BGO - though why not I I can't figure.

Is it possible to "Bookmark" (mac) or"Favourite" (pc) a specific post, or only the thread in which it is posted?

In a previous BGO incarnation this was possible, and I have my Book List for 2007 "Bookmarked" so that I can just click on it if I ever want to check on anything. I had intended to do that with each year's list, but we've had a few historical disasters that put paid to that plan, and since we settled down into this version of BGO, with this web host I have not figured out how to do it, or even if it can be done.

I have listed all the urls for my various Book Lists in a document, but that takes several 'clicks; to get to each one. It would be so much easier if they were just two clicks away in my toolbar.

Can some one please tell me I am just a technophobe and it is really easy - and then tell me how to do it. Or is it really not possible?

What you do is this :  you click in the top right hand side of the post, the symbol next to report post, copy the text that comes up, then send it to yourself in a message.  I keep mine in my profile.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

2 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

you click in the top right hand side of the post, the symbol next to report post, copy the text that comes up, then send it to yourself in a message.

I had got that far, and put all the links in a document - it never occurred to me to put them in my signature, as I've never bothered to have a signature in all the years I've been here!. Took me a while to find out where/how to do it, but they are all there now.

Many thanks Luna, and tag :)

There is also the Follow button at the top right of the thread. Click that then it brings up a box in which you can select how you receive notifications about activity on that thread. 

7 hours ago, Hazel said:

There is also the Follow button at the top right of the thread.

I don't think that would do what I wanted, but thanks to Luna and tag I now have links to all my book lists  in my signature, all nice and handy at the bottom of each of my posts

I have only just noticed that, when quoting from another post. the date in the quote is written Month/Day/Year.

I find it confusing. so can we/Stuart change it to the English form;  Day/Month/Year?

14 hours ago, megustaleer said:

I have only just noticed that, when quoting from another post. the date in the quote is written Month/Day/Year.

I find it confusing. so can we/Stuart change it to the English form;  Day/Month/Year?

Mine is the correct way round so could it be in your personal settings?  I have no idea where though

On 09/03/2018 at 22:38, megustaleer said:

Mine is the dd/mm/yyyy too

I can't see anything here http://www.bookgrouponline.com/settings/ either to explain this

luna & iff, the quote in both your posts is dated 3/9/2018, so it seems to me that you are half a year ahead of me.:wacko:

I've had a little look around to see if I can see how to 'correct' it, with no success - but then my 'rank' on here is technophobe, so I keep out of the settings and similar stuff for fear of breaking things I can't fix.

On 3/9/2018 at 22:38, megustaleer said:

It uses the American one for me too. I'll look into it.

I've had a look at the Admin site and can't find what's happening. There is no difference in meg's account than anyone else. I'll have a better look and get back to you. Or email Stuart!

19 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Maybe it's not the settings for the BGO site but the settings on your device.

That is something I am thinking too

On 3/11/2018 at 10:15, lunababymoonchild said:

On 3/11/2018 at 10:15, lunababymoonchild said:

So the date on that quote reads 11/03/18 to most of you? I have it as 03/11/18

My stored emails all have the date as DD/MM/YY, so presumably it's not the settings on my iMac - I have a vague memory of setting it up and being given a choice about how dates are displayed, and would have chosen the British version.

59 minutes ago, megustaleer said:

So the date on that quote reads 11/03/18 to most of you? I have it as 03/11/18

My stored emails all have the date as DD/MM/YY, so presumably it's not the settings on my iMac - I have a vague memory of setting it up and being given a choice about how dates are displayed, and would have chosen the British version.

Yes, mine reads 11/3/18.  I don't know what else to suggest - sorry! 

On 3/24/2018 at 16:40, Hazel said:

It reads as the American version to me as well meg.

I think it's your browser.

In Vivaldi I get the m/dd/yyyy. In Chrome I get dd/mm/yyyy.  In Safari I get dd/mm/yyyy. In IE I get dd/mm/yyyy.

I haven't tried Firefox or Opera.

Vivaldi is based on Chromium but I can't find a setting.

21 hours ago, tagesmann said:

I think it's your browser.

In Safari I get dd/mm/yyyy. In IE I get dd/mm/yyyy.

Not my browser - I'm using safari.

After extensive experimentation I have concluded that I don't get IT.

On a Mac I get:

• Vivaldi m/dd/yyyy
  • Chrome dd/mm/yyyy
  • Safari I get dd/mm/yyyy

On a Windows 10 PC I get:

• Vivaldi m/dd/yyyy
  • Chrome dd/mm/yyyy
  • Edge dd/mm/yyyy
  • IE  dd/mm/yyyy.
  • Firefox dd/mm/yyyy
  • Opera m/dd/yyyy.

On iPhone I get: