Sign in to follow this  
megustaleer

C*******s is Coming

Couldn't believe my eyes - barely a fortnight after a boiling hot Bank Holiday weekend, and our Sainsbury's Local has panettone and mince pies in C*******s wrapping! 

Are the shops near you as quick off the mark this year?

Wish we had Marks & Spencers here, just love their mince pies!

Thanks for explaining about that organization you belong to Meg, had never heard anything about it, nice that you still participate and Mr. Meg. 

When I think how quickly the time has gone since the start of this pandemic - and for us it has even if we are fed up with all the difficulties - then the C time is not that far off.  In fact I was only talking to Mr.B at the weekend about it.  

No that's true, normally the card shops are selling off last year's stock in the bargain bins by now.

A gift catalogue arrived yesterday, the autumn edition but in the middle was a selection of Christmas goodies.  The main part was still general stuff, they still have garden ornaments etc, so it wasn't totally a Christmas catalogue.

A friend of mine (female) informed me today they had done all their Christmas shopping :eek:

A work colleague has her Christmas shopping done too. 

In fairness, she pointed out that we don't know what the position will be with shops this year. She has 4 children from ages 2 to 8 so needs to be prepared if our area goes into lockdown. 

She said

"the children would not be happy if santa couldn't come because of the pandemic" 

We got our first Xmas catalogue the other day, mind you it was from Guide Dogs and has the most adorable puppy on the cover.

6 hours ago, Madeleine said:

We got our first Xmas catalogue the other day, 

Gosh, that's late!

Apart from a few catch-up phonecalls and emails in March, to check old friends were a OK, I have hardly been in contact with anyone for 6months. Not even sure I can be bothered to send Christmas cards this year.