Dan

Driving over Lemons: An Optimist in Andalucia

Driving over Lemons by Chris Stewart, (who was also apparently the first drummer for the band Genesis, though no mention of this is made in the text), is a memoir of he and his wife Ana's renovation of a farm in the Andalucia region of Spain. This is a fun, funny, entertaining and informative account of the people and the place. It is well written, though I wouldn't call the prose spectacular. It is not particularly deep, and his stories feel somewhat constrained by truth, and by a structure whereby each section basically goes 'I thought this would be easy, then it seemed really difficult, but it all turned out okay'. But it is an easy and enjoyable read, peopled by interesting and often lovable eccentrics, (especially the remarkably competent and helpful Domingo), and I'm glad I took my Sweetheart's advice and read it. 

Dave and I have both read this book and enjoyed it tremendously, Chris Stewart is a good and interesting writer. I think it was Meg who suggested him to me many years ago.