• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, you might remember me, I am one of the site's moderators. Unfortunately, my continuing busy life means that this is the first time I've logged on since the end of November. Bad mod!

Who could ever forget you, Gram!  :) Hope you had a good festive season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm florrieblunder as you can see, a new member on this site, hoping to find like-minded people who just love to read and talk about what they've been reading. There are so many reading challenges out there at the moment....popsugar.com has one with about fifty sorts of books to read - a book that was turned into a play, your favourite book from childhood and so on, the youmeandacupoftea blog has one, as does 'good reads', I'm doing the first one, and it would be easy to cheat since one book can tick off about four categories. But I'm not going to do that, wouldn't be much of a challenge if I cheated from the start!

It would also be nice to maybe find epals, not just to talk about books but life, and our interests, shared or otherwise. But for now, happy to find a site devoted to books and reading.

Welcome to BGO  florrieblunder.  Hopefully you will be making your way around the site and discovering that we do love books of all genres and talking about them, sometimes at great length.  We also have an on-line reading group that is not at all compulsory as well as discussing so many other subjects as well.  Do have a good look round and just dip into whatever interests you.  Love to hear your views on what you are reading as and when you want to contribute.

Welcome to BGO florrieblunder - I just love your forum name!

I hope you find lots here to interest you. There's no need to confine yourself to 'live' threads, explore the forums and add to any discussion you like, no matter how old it is, it might get a whole set of new ideas going.

Hello florrieblunder and welcome: My IPad kept trying to interpret your name differently as happens quite often. It comes up with the strangest things. I hope you'll enjoy the forum and like Meg says add to any discussion or maybe you can create one of your own. Happy posting. :)

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

I'm an avidreader NOT that AVIDREADER (as, I heard there was another member in the past with the same name).

I'm 39, and now, I'm open to suggestions of new books to read.

My worst fear is finishing a book, and not knowing what to read next.

The ideal would be to find someone who has similar book tastes like mine..and be SPOT ON in suggesting a new book to read.

I'm a male

Hello Avid Reader, hope you enjoy the forum, there's always plenty of suggestions for books, just let people know what kind of books you like to read and there will be someone who likes the same kind of books to help you out.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

durrr... Hi! Came here and just about died with relief after discovering you had a library section where I could post about finding books. ;) bit of a reclusive introvert, fanfiction producer and unpublished writer, me, but, if you get to know me, I guarantee an interesting if short friendship. It's too exhausting to maintain friendships for me, very sorry for that) ;) love and laughter, fellow humans. now bye. That's enough socializing for one day.

• 5 months later...

The name is Greg.  I am a humanist.  I am very proud of my humanism, though I hate the bourgeois instinctively.

And judging by your posts so far,  you think that brevity is the soul of wit? Unfortunately it doesn't add much for the to and fro of conversation and the exchange of ideas between members.

I think I  may be bourgeois, so I guess we won't be enjoying the same books.

And judging by your posts so far,  you think that brevity is the soul of wit? Unfortunately it doesn't add much for the to and fro of conversation and the exchange of ideas between members.

I think I  may be bourgeois, so I guess we won't be enjoying the same books.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one to see so many posts with so little offered. 

A new verb Greging? :) - "to spam a forum with mainly nonsensical posts"

I saw a sea of posts and understood few of them.

Whichever mod/admin took control - thank you.

I found Greg's post quite terse but also quirky and thought maybe he'd expand on them a bit so that we could understand why he was using one liners. They were certainly different from anything I've seen on BGO and it made me curious. I wonder if he'll post again. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! I am Kriselle Jhean Navarro, 28 years old, from the Philippines. I am an absolute book lover! In fact, I have a mini-library at home and I have more than 2,000 e-books so it's no surprise that I have a poor eyesight. I am looking forward to making new friends here (geeks are welcome!)

Hello senSEYtional, welcome to BGO, what kind of books do you read?  2000 e-books is a lot.  I hope you enjoy your time here, have a look around at the various subjects, there's lots to look at.