Bill

Introduce Yourself

Hi Barbie 25, welcome to BGO, so pleased to see you are finding your way around.  I 'm in  a different time zone to UK as well so you and I may sometimes meet like momac and I do, although we could be on different days.  :)  If you have any questions about using the site don't hesitate to ask, someone will always be glad to help out.

Sorry GH, I should have included you when I was talking about time zones - it's nice to know that there are people around when the rest of the forum is in slumberland.

Edited by momac

Hi barbie25, I am originally from Florida and my father was a biologist.  I think Florida is the best place in the U.S. to be one.

Hi barbie25. Shivered when I saw the name, must have bought 20 + and the rest of the franchise when my daughter was young :)

Hi,I live in North East of England, retired so lots of time for reading. Use to be a lecturer at a local college. Read mostly crime,thrillers,spy novels, but I'm willing to try something more substantial. Did like fantasy also but haven't read any for a while. Open to suggestions here. Some authors I enjoy: Peter Robinson, Peter James, Jeffrey Deaver, Iain Rankin and Harlan Coben. About to start the latter's 'Missing You', just finished Dan Brown's 'Inferno'. Found group through search of web and have enjoyed what I've seen so far. Sorry my real name is Colin.

Welcome to the forum Blueflow. Please feel free to join in any discussion that takes your fancy and if there isn't one, start a thread. Please also feel free to post on old threads too, we always welcome a fresh perspective on anything and everything. Ian Rankin is one of my favourite authors so something in common already. We also have a Group Read going on, if it takes your fancy please join in, you're never too new to take part.

Most of all, enjoy yourself

Kaltxi (Hi) Blueflow. Good to have you stop by. Hope you feel like you want to stay. I would probably put science fiction and fantasy at the top of the list, though right now I'm into historical sea stories. :)

Hi Blueflow (Colin), good to have you on this site.  Notice you like Peter James; I posted the other day that I had just started his latest (10th) in the Roy Grace series, I am sure you will know it.  If you have been following this particular series I wonder if you feel the same as I do about the long-lost wife strand!

I've been on this site for just under a year now, after MOH joined about two months previously, and together we have enjoyed being a part of what has proved to be a very friendly and diverse group of friends.  Hope you find it so.

Hey blueflow, just finished Peter Robinson's Abbatoir Blues, seems like Inspector Banks is a wee bit more churlish than he used to be.  Enjoyed the story, Peter Robinson never disappoints.

Hello to all community members! :arms:

My name is Meghan and I am a passionate reader of books. I always read on my Kindle and I do love to discover new indie authors and new adventures.

I would like to share what I am reading with others and exchange opinions about great stories. Also it would be nice to receive recommendations from other book lovers like me!

Nice to participate here!

Meghan

Hello Meghan and welcome to the Board.  Please feel free to join in whenever you feel like it, start new threads or resurrect old ones - we are never quite finished discussing something so if someone starts the conversation up again we're happy to oblige.

Hello and welcome Meghan, lots to interest you on here. Do you have a favourite author?

Just thought I'd do this backwards and say "Hi" to Flingo and Nellie who have both reappeared from the mists of threads past. Glad you meet you both! Hope you can visit more frequently now.

Just thought I'd do this backwards and say "Hi" to Flingo and Nellie who have both reappeared from the mists of threads past. Glad you meet you both! Hope you can visit more frequently now.

Thanks, Ting! Nice to meet you too. :-)

Thanks! It is nice to be back :)

Hi, I am a past member who is going to make a concerted effort to read far more in 2015. The forum encouraged me to read lots when I was first around so I am hoping that returning will help me with my resolution. Since I was last here regularly, I've married and I had two children (and spent lots of time lurking on mumsnet).

Good to have you back, Thumbsucker, you have been a bit busy in your time away from us!

I hope you will find a little more time for yourself, and for reading, in 2015 - and look forward to seeing more of you here.

Hello,

I decided to take a Reading Challenge for this year as my New Year's Resolution.   I've gotten back in to swapping books on a book swapping website and want to occupy my time with reading novels rather than eating up mostly useless info from the interwebs.  One of my goals to have read every book on my shelf with the exception of the cookbooks although I've read the intros to almost all my cookbooks.

I have so many books I want to read.  I think I might finally compile a list and check them off as I go. :)  I came here because I wanted to discuss books with like minded people and I wanted to see if anyone has similar taste and/or similar takes on books as I do.  Looking forward to involved discussions with you all!