• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest AvidReader

Belated welcome, AvidReader, the forum moves fast so hard to keep up.

Welcome Ronedrote glad you could join us, look forward to hearing from you.

No worries ... I've dived right in and feel at 'home' already. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone! :wavey:

Here is a new one, I'm not very good with presentations but I will try :unsure:  I mostly like classic, fantasy and mystery novels, but I read adventure, terror o sci-fi too. Or a mix of all, that are very popular lately.

When I was younger, I was the only member of my family with the "reading thing", the freak one... with time, I make my parents loves books too. So, there is a true-reader here  :P 

Finally, I would like to apologize if I commit some orthographic faults, I'm not english but I will do my best writing correctly. The site looks amazing, thanks!

:dance:

Hello Lunitari - nice to have another Moon person aboard - a warm welcome to you - hope you enjoy it and don't worry about your English, as Luna says, we'll know what you mean ( unless it's text messaging then I'll be lost :) ).

Hello! I'm new!

I'm female, Scottish and have a job with rubbish anti-social hours so I'm hoping this site will fill the book group shaped hole in my life!

I'll read most things although I'm not a big fan of crime or horror. Favourite authors include Iain Banks, Ian McEwan, Jane Austen and Juliet Marillier. I love a good YA or some historical fiction, particularly 20th century.

Can't think of anything else particularly interesting to say, so I'll go have a good browse round the threads!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Dragoș and I am writing on BGO from Bucharest, Romania. I am 17 years old, soon I'll be 18. I registered on this forum in the search of reading material, not only books. I like short stories because I can't dedicate that much time to reading. I am not used to read that much and I blame myself for that. I am in the 11th grade, I have lots of homework to do and after I finish school work I have my own stuff to work on: personal projects - I am a web developer. I would like to read more because I am really ashamed by the fact that I will be 18 y-o in less than a month and I haven't build a reading culture.

Please excuse my bad English, it's my second tongue. I promise myself that in the next year I will make up for all the years I've spent not reading. If you have any recommendations for starters, light books, short stories you enjoyed reading, please send me a message. See you around :)

Hi Dragos - welcome to BGO.

I think you are brave to look for reading material in your second language. You might find short stories quite difficult as a starting point. How about starting with some young adult fiction in English? You could look in our young adult forum for ideas.

Hi Dragos, welcome to BGO.  Hope you find it useful.  As for your English, let's just say that I doubt if anyone here on BGO is that fluent in Romanian!!  Your introduction would suggest you have nothing to worry about, or to apologise for. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm Drew. 

I'm a web developer by day but I'm currently in the midst of an OU degree in politics, philosophy and economics, so my reading list (and it's a looong list) is pretty much in and around those subjects. I used to read much more fiction than I do now sadly, and it's about time I rectified that situation so here I am. :) 

Hello Drew - you're studying some heavy stuff so probably could use the break with some fiction, hope you'll find some good suggestions here. Welcome and good luck with your studies. :)

• 3 weeks later...