• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I've been looking for a book group in my local area but failed to find one, so am very happy to be here instead! I love to read historical fiction or mysteries and count Diana Gabaldon, Belinda Alexandra and Deborah Challinor amoung my favourite authors. The Bronze Horseman and Wild Lavender are two of my favourite books. I have also been working my way through Sue Grafton's alphabet series.

Thanks megustaleer, you've seen that I started a thread called Tamar which is the title of one of Deborah Challinor's books. She's a New Zealand author, so I thought I would see if there was anyone familiar with her work before I wrote too much ;) I suspect that Belinda Alexandra's work may not be well known either, she is an Australian author and I can't find threads for any of her work. I'll have to check my bookshelves and see if there are other authors I like who are known here.

Edited by Shearles
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I came across this book group whilst scouring for book clubs in my area (of which there are none) and i thought I'd give it a whirl. My passion is reading, especially true crime books, the author Carol Anne Davies is a huge favourite of mine. I don't generally have the pleasure of chatting to others about what I've read as nobody else in this house reads, a fact I've been trying to change all to no avail (so long as the x box is on). I'm looking forward to broadening my horizons a bit when it comes to books and welcome any suggestions on what to read.

Oldladylegs77, what a fantastic user name, there must be something behind it!!

Welcome to BGO, been on the site a little under two months myself, with MOH (Cherrypie) about a month longer, and we really enjoy being a part of a very friendly on-line community, whilst at the same time being able to discuss books we have all read, make suggestions about books and authors to read, along with with sundry threads to get us all thinking.

We feel like we have been part of this for much more than a couple of months or so, and I mean that in the best possible sense.  Happy posting.

Welcome to BGO Oldladylegs77.  You will find so much to tempt your reading appetite here, I'm sure.  Do have a look around and feel free to join in wherever you desire.  If you've read something that's been discussed already we'd all love to hear what your take on the book was.  If not, start a thread of your own. And have a look at our reading group suggestions - we take a while over these and anyone can go back to older reads if they want.

Oh, and by the way (BTW) we go in for a few shortened terms here (I believe there is a section on this) so you may well find your Username shortened.  Sometimes I'm called BB, which is fine.  We often call lunababymoonchild, just luna - so don't be surprised if you get shortened to Oll77 - or maybe O77 - it is a term of endearment really. Good to have you with us. 

So I'll just say hello Oll77 - good to see you, hope you enjoy the forum - a friendly bunch of readers and just a friendly bunch of friends.  Look forward to seeing you around.  :)

Hi OLL77,

As you have probably gathered RG and I come as a pair. As we have both stated on BGO before we run the risk of communicating through the site more than actually talking. Only joking!

Welcome to BGO. I hope that you get as much out of the site as RG and I have durring the short time in which we have been members. When I first joined it took me a while to work out the best ways of using the site as I am less than great with the computer. However once I got used to using "View New Content" at the top of the home page I was well away and tend to check in a couple of times a day. I have made many new friends and have already tried a number of new authors thanks to other BGO members.

I would really miss the site now if it was not there. Hope you enjoy it as much. Welcome!