• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I found your site while searching for book forums on-line. I'm from Arizona, USA, and am thrilled to have found a group to discuss books with. I can't even give you a list of favorite authors because there are so many. My all time favorite books are Dorothy Dunnett's Lymond Chronicles and House of Niccolo series. I mostly enjoy literary fiction, historical fiction, and the occasional fantasy. I'm looking forward to joining you for great discussions. Thanks for being here!

Thank you, Lunababymoonchild! I'll check out the Group Read. I'm in a F2F book club too, and our next read is Hunger Angel, Not sure if I want to get that depressed, though.

Thanks, Luna. I've never been much interested in reading Sherlock Holmes, but having recently watched the fabulous Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, I might have to give the book a chance. :love:

Thanks, Luna. I've never been much interested in reading Sherlock Holmes, but having recently watched the fabulous Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, I might have to give the book a chance. :love:

Kaltxi (Hello) KerryC. So, you fell for Benedict too, eh?  Brilliant, wasn't he?

Hello everybody!

Found this site through Googling today, after having tried a couple of local book groups which didn't really cut it for me, mostly because the book seemed to be the last thing anyone wanted to talk about!

So, thought a different approach may be required and decided to go on-line to see if this works any better, and having read the background to this site I am hopeful that it will be.

Have always loved reading from a child, will try just about anything.  Love the classics, and I have recently been trying a number of international authors which I have enjoyed. 

I enjoy a good crime novel or series, i.e. Elizabeth George, Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen; also like more contemporary writers such as Anita Shreve, Sebastian Faulks, Ian McKewan.

About myself; 51 years old, married for 30 years with two grown up children of 27 and 25, living in Bedfordshire, UK.

Looking forward to exploring the site and posting my first "thread".  Until today I thought a thread was something you put through the eye of a needle!!

So..........here goes!

Hi, cherrypie, welcome to Book Group Online (or BGO, as we like to refer to it).

Have a good look round, add your thoughts to any of the threads that take your fancy - it doesn't matter if no-one's posted on it for years, just blow off the dust and breathe a bit of new life into it. That often sparks a new line of discussion.

If you can't find a thread on a book you want to discuss, then feel free to start one of your own - I think we have tagged every book thread with the author's name, so a search for all the threads with that tag should find anything we've already got.

Any problems, just ask in "Site News and Support", and someone should be along in a while to help.

Have fun!

Welcome cherrypie - hope you enjoy the forum - lots about books on here, plus other things too. :)

Hi Momac in Ontario (wow!).

Thank you for your welcoming comments (Canada, who would have expected that this afternoon!)  I am not overly blessed in the computer literacy department so hoping to work my way around the site with hubby's help!

Have a good day.

Hi Momac in Ontario (wow!).

Thank you for your welcoming comments (Canada, who would have expected that this afternoon!)  I am not overly blessed in the computer literacy department so hoping to work my way around the site with hubby's help!

Have a good day.[/quote

You too - a great way to spend a Sunday having a look around the forum.

Hello everybody!

Found this site through Googling today, after having tried a couple of local book groups which didn't really cut it for me, mostly because the book seemed to be the last thing anyone wanted to talk about!

So, thought a different approach may be required and decided to go on-line to see if this works any better, and having read the background to this site I am hopeful that it will be.

Welcome, cherrypie, what a great username.  You'll find plenty of book talk here and also discussions on many other things, so have a good look around and enjoy.  :)

Welcome, cherrypie, what a great username.  You'll find plenty of book talk here and also discussions on many other things, so have a good look around and enjoy.  :)

Hello Grand Duchess Dragon Lady

And you thought Cherry Pie was a great user name! Believe it or not I have just started reading Dracula today! How are you finding it? I am finding it easy to read and quite engrossing. Although many people seem to think that it is not particularly frightening I am finding it quite creepy. It is more an insidious fear rather than what is actually seen. While watching films I often find that it is not the out and out horror movie which bothers me the most but those with the hidden threat or suggestion of danger or fear. Will be interested to see what you think when you have finished.

Have only been a member for two days but have already had a number of welcome replies from around the world.

. Believe it or not I have just started reading Dracula today! How are you finding it? I am finding it easy to read and quite engrossing. Although many people seem to think that it is not particularly frightening I am finding it quite creepy. It is more an insidious fear rather than what is actually seen. While watching films I often find that it is not the out and out horror movie which bothers me the most but those with the hidden threat or suggestion of danger or fear. Will be interested to see what you think when you have finished.

cherrypie,  I am so glad you are still reading Dracula, as I am still behind the others and it is Halloween already. But discussions will carry on, especially as the TV series is in UK, come and add any comments you like here.  I think you have chosen exactly the right description "insidious fear", that ghastly Count able to put on such a smooth, gentlemanly manner when we know better :wonder: .

Hello Folks

I am looking for an online book group to talk books with ,and am hopeful that this one will be just what I'm searching for :)

The family is all grown and I have lots of free time on my hands ,so I'm excited to find some new book friends to hang out with .

I like reading nonfiction, such as history, memoirs and true crime, but I also enjoy many types of literature .

Sure hoping to make some new friends in here and find people to discuss books with . I see that you are having a vote on the next group read. I already voted, but didn't see the cutoff date. When do we begin the book ?

Thanks very much ,