Bill

Introduce Yourself

Hello Malaya, good to make your acquaintance.  Hope you enjoy BGO.  :)

Haha! Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Welcome Malaya, the combination of your current reading with your avatar made me laugh :D

I know, they're weird combination, but I'm a package of contradictions, please bear with me. :D

Hello Malaya and welcome to the board. I too love your avatar but didn't know that that was Looby Loo. I last watched when they actually puppets and only just broadcast in colour!

Hi, just joined this book group to learn more about reading books online. I live in Kansas, USA, right in the middle of the United States. I have also lived and worked on both coasts. Most of my work experience has been in banking and financial services. I am the father of five great kids and six so grandkids so far.

Hello and welcome Floyd - we're on the same continent although I'm north of the 49th parallel.  That's three of us from North America on here now, Binker is in Dallas.  Lots of folks from other parts of the world and they are a friendly bunch as well as the U.K members who make up, I think, the majority of the forum.  Hope you enjoy it here, something for everyone. I'm a relative newcomer myself, only been here about two years but you'll be warmly welcomed by the long term members.  Have fun!   :)

Morning Everyone :) 

I'm Steph, 23 and live just outside of London.

interests include reading (Naturally), history, going out with my friends, watching WWE (And a bit of TNA), Supporting Liverpool FC, Music and travelling....

Since I was 6 I have loved reading and have read anything that has been put in front of me.  I just love how reading will take you into another world - I have been known to not hear anything going on around me whilst in the middle of a book haha!

The last few books that I have read include - the perks of being a wallflower, The Bell Bar by Sylvia Plath., the White Princess by Phillipa Gregory, and War and Peace.

My favourite books of all time have to include - the Harry Potter Series, The Lord of the Rings, Madame Bovary, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lord of the Flies, Jane Eyre, the time traveller's wife etc..(There are so many to choose from!)

I generally enjoy reading books that challenge you and make you think, but I will give most genres a go (I find Sci-Fi hard to get into though) I love historical fiction, as well as classic literature (I've made it a mission to try and read as many classics as I can..so far I can safely say I love anything by Jane Austen...

I joined up here because I don't really have anyone around me who has the same love of reading, and one of the best bits of reading (I think) is to be able to discuss different books and what they mean to you. So hopefully I have come to the right place haha!

This was a bit waffly (I tend to go on and on unless I check myself) so apologies! But yeah, it would be nice to talk to new people, so feel free to say hi! (I promise I don't bite :)

Steph x

Hi Steph:  Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here.  Lots of nice people to talk to and hear about the various books that they read.  Also there is the 'book of the month' read which is interesting, the most recent being Orlando by Virginia Woolf which attracted a lot of interest from the female members.  So have fun and check out the various topics, any problems David, the Administrator is really helpful and there are also Moderators who can steer you in the right direction.  :)

Kaltxi (Welcome) to Floyd and Steph. :wavey: I hope you won't regret having done this ... because BGO is totally addictive! I mean, I've spend more hours here than anywhere else! I've only been around for a few weeks and I cannot believe how many wonderful people we have around us! Kiyevame (Bye) for now.

Hello to Floyd and Steph.  Like Ting, I find BGO addictive.  And Floyd, my father grew up in Osawatomie, Kansas.  You are one of the few people of my acquaintance who I think might know where that is.  

Welcome  to BGO Steph , I'm sure you will enjoy it here, so many friendly people to chat to and  lively discussions going on.Also some fun and games and general chat down in the Anything But Books section. :)

A very warm welcome Floyd.  Great to have another member from across the pond.  As momac says, we are a friendly bunch here and there is so much discussion on books of all descriptions as well as lots of other subjects as well, as I'm sure you will find, or have found browsing the site.  Looking forward to hearing your views on all things BGO. :wavey:

Hello, I'm originally from Edinburgh but have lived and worked all over the UK and am now retired and living in Spain. Reading has been a lifelong passion and I will read just about any author.

I particularly enjoy Graham Green, John le Carre, Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine, Sebastian Faulks, William Boyd, C. J. Sansom, David Leavitt and Margaret Attwood. I don't get many opportunities to discuss books here in Spain and that's why I have joined Book Group Online. I have just finished reading C. J. Sansom's Dominion which I greatly enjoyed and am steadily working my way through George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Look forward to giving and receiving views on books and getting ideas about good things to read.

Hello and welcome Scottie, hope you enjoy the forum.  Looks like you have a broad range of books you enjoy - lots of topics of interest on here.  :)

Welcome on board, Scottie!  Lots of interesting authors to talk about there - do hunt out some threads on them to add your thoughts.

It's good to have somone else Scottish on the board because we have so few of them here.

(If you have an irony meter attached to your computer it probably just exploded...)

;)

:burnout: hi everyone. I've just signed up to this site and am looking 4wd to discussing my fave topic w peeps-books! i luv em!

... and Kaltxi CAH4EVA.   :wavey:  (I don't think the Na'vi have developed txt-speak yet)

Hi there everyone! I'm here to find out about the best in literature from the past 20 years or so. I am not completely averse to either serious hardcore lit or genre fiction but what I'm primarily interested in are writers with some sense of humor and the ability to say something profound. Really appreciate a light touch, such as the one employed by Salman Rushdie. Looking forward to chatting with you all.