Introduce Yourself

Bill

Hi all!

My boyfriend's a massive techie, so he's perpetually stalking gadget forums. Then I got jealous cause having an online community to be part of seemed like a really awesome idea! So I googled and found my way here :)

I read mostly on my phone, though I'm planning to get some sort of e-book reader soon (iPad!!!!). I just finished Atlas Shrugged, am halfway though Origin of Species, halfway through God of Small Things...I have a massive reading list that I plan to shorten as soon as my exams finish! (I'm studying in London.)

Favourite books include Dante's Divine Comedy, The Pillowman, Oryx and Crake, The Moonstone and (if these count) the manga version of Battle Royale and the Sandman series. Also, am always open to recommendations!

-Lis.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i am new here just thought i wud say hi,

i am in love with books, any kind as long as i am taken away with the words. i love a good book that can put a cheeky smile on my face or is so passionate that the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

i am reading Love letters by Katie Fforde at the moment only a little way in but loving it already.

Would love any tips on what to read next!!!!!

lizzie xx

I just wanted to find a place where, as the mood takes me, I can engage with others about novels we enjoy... I suppose it's as simple as that. And there does seem to be fairly wide range of readers...

I am also a novelist.

My favourite 'living' writers: James Salter, Marilynne Robinson, David Grossman. Dead ones, the list is endless.

Hi all

I am new to Book Group Online! I couldn't find an intro section so I thought I would introduce myself here! I am a Stay At Home Mum of four and I work for Bayard Books in the UK! I write a blog and take a strong interest in children's books!

I am glad to be here and I really look forward to chatting to everyone! Are there any other SAHMs out there!??

Hi,

I'm new to the site and would like to introduce myself like everyone here I guess I've been a book worm since childhood.

I read a wide range of both fiction and non-fiction currantly reading 'The Land of Green Plums' by Herta Muller the writing style took a little getting used to but loving it now.

I have also posted a couple of comments on childrens books as I have a two year old little boy (also two grown up daughters lol must be mad doing it all again)

Favorite authors Coetzee, McEwan,Attwood, I enjoyed Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel which I see you have a thread on

Karen

hey, I'll make my intro short and brief;

I'm currently doing my a-levels, and I bury myself in whatever book I can get my hands on when I'm not suffocating under a ridiculous amount of work. I'm deeply interested in french literature, and I'm planning on getting the hell out of england and going to do a degree in 'lettres francais' across the pond. Looking forward to discussing literature with all of you!

Welcome, Tay, starrynight, PookieBear, JellyBean, Coco, Deadly Nedly, Headintheclouds, rhamnousia, lizzie160891, Neil Griffiths, arewenearlythere, karenb, thedreamer, I haven't been here for about a month and there are sooo many new members. Great! You will see, this is a wonderful group!

A J Lath here - well into George Orwell (Nineteen Eighty-Four being my favourite book), Philip K Dick, Steven King, Arthur Conan Doyle, anything SF, Fantasy or whatever I feel like reading, frankly.

Oh, just recently got my ebook published - 'Dreamshade' - which can be found at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15916

Hope no-one minds the little plug. There'll be no spamming, promise!

Currently reading Spike Milligan's war memoirs - starting with 'Adolph Hitler - My Part in His Downfall', and I have moved on to 'Rommel: Gunner Who?' Excellent stuff, and as funny as a batty owl.

Hi everyone :) I'm Becca, I'm 22 and I live in Yorkshire. I've always been an avid reader and could be found with my head buried in a book throughout my childhood and teenage years! I have spent the past three years at university, training to be a primary school teacher, so my opportunities to read for pleasure have been severely limited! Now that I've completed my studies I aim to finish my current read, Fingersmith by Sarah Waters, and read many other books over the summer. I've got a job as a nursery teacher lined up for September, so no doubt my reading will suffer again as I come to terms with my new workload!

no doubt my reading will suffer again as I come to terms with my new workload!

Hi Becca - welcome to BGO.

There are a few teachers around here, so we are proof that you can be a teacher and a reader! But the prospect of the holidays is always all the sweeter because of all the books you can finally get around to ... :)

Thanks Momo :)

Hi Becca - welcome to BGO.

There are a few teachers around here, so we are proof that you can be a teacher and a reader!

I'm sure my NQT year will sap a lot of my free time, but it's good to know there are teachers out there whose lives aren't dominated by school! :D