Hi everyone :)

I read about the site through another forum I contribute to, liked what I saw and here I am!

I'm from the East Midlands in the UK and like a wide range of books - from classical literature like Anne Bronte and Dickens, fantasy/mythology such as Isobel Hoving and JRR Tolkein, and humour such as Sue Townsend and Jenny Colgan. Not a huge fan of other chicklit books, Colgan is the only one I like at the moment.

I'm particularly interested in the children's fantasy market - Joseph Delaney and Eoin Colfer are current favourites. CS Lewis remains at the top of my list, however, and I think he always will.

Leanne

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone :)

like a wide range of books - from classical literature like Anne Bronte and Dickens, fantasy/mythology such as Isobel Hoving

Hi Leanne

I've just finished reading "Dream Merchant" by Isabel Hoving, and would love to hear someone elses take on it - I'll stick a post in the fantasy forum and we can talk further.....!

I just registered on Book Group Online after searching online for what seems like forever for a book discussion group. I read almost constantly, and my 10-year old does also. In addition to reading the books I enjoy, I read the books that she reads (we usually compete to see who can finish the book first) and then we discuss them. I like to keep up with what she is reading, and what she finds interesting. It actually helps you learn more about your children!

I read just about anything...poetry (Keats is my favorite), fiction, non-fiction, anything at all...except Science Fiction!

I found this site in my search for book discussion forums on the internet and am interested in reading and writing books on philosophy, archaeology, religion, counselling and psychotherapy. Some of my recent titles are If There Is No God: Meditations On Believing, Radical Christianity:Peace and Justice in the New Testament. Other book and tape titles in prior years are Healing Words: Counsellor Training Course Manual, Conflict Resolution Skills (tape), Grief Helping Skills (tape), and Therapeutic Journal:A Four Month Diary for Counselling and Personal Growth. My website is http://www.counsellorpublishing.com and I look forward to hearing from you. I am also interested in doing a home exchange with anyone in Europe who may be wanting to visit Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. My email address is counsellor@uniserve.com

Welcome to BGO, Mrs Dalloway. :)

Cathy has promosed us a thread on 'Gone With The Wind', so maybe your arrival will spur her on. Otherwise you might like to contribute to the 'Rhett or Darcy' rivalry on the 'Romance' forum! Or start a thread of your own on that or something totally different!

• 3 weeks later...

:) Hi there,

I'm Carla, just joined today. I like reading a variety of different fiction novels. My favorites so far are:"Windflowers" by Tamara Mckinley, "Still Waters" by Judith Saxton, and my all time favorite humorous mystery "Murder with Peacocks" by Donna Andrews. I look forward to reading of a ton of new favorites!

Hello!

My name is Bernadette and I live in Birmingham, Alabama, USA.

I've been lurking for awhile on a few of the discussions here and have been enjoying them very much!

I am 45 years old and married with two children. I love to read contemporary fiction, mysteries, classics and memoirs.

Very best regards!

Bernadette

• 2 weeks later...

Just been told about this site and that everyone was very friendly which sounds perfect.

I'm pretty much a book whore and will read anything whilst at the same time being a book snob, which means I fail to mention the trash I read inbetween the respectable books.

Hello! I'm new here, I think I got directed this way by the same person who sent Pele!

I adore reading, I get fidgity if I don't have anything to read (I suspect I'm far from alone in that capacity). I'm an English Lit student, which means I'm up to my eyebrows in critical reading at the moment. As a direct consequence of this, I read mainly children's books in my free time to give by brain time to relax!

Anyway, I'm off to explore the rest of this place. Looks nice, I'm sure I'll settle in well :)

Hi

Have been looking for a book group for a while and its look like i have found a good un.

I am currently trying to start reading "better" books. I love reading and have a 1.5 hour commute each day. I tend to read whatever is on offer in the supermarket. The books I hae seen you guys mention just on this introduction thread - i dont think i have heard of at least half of them.

What happens exactly - do we all discuss the same book - how do i find out what to read????

Cant wait to hear from you all.

Sharon

Welcome, Shazzer!

The great thing about BGO is the sheer variety of books that are covered by the members. Me, I'm usually reading sci-fi, fantasy and the occasional biography, but I have found that being a regular on BGO for the lasy year has resulted in my reading a number of books that fall outside my normal genres. Take a look around the site and see what grabs your attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm currently living in North West England. I was directed to this site by a poster on the empireonline forum. I joined yesterday and posted in the crime fiction section, I was looking for the introductions thread but somehow it eluded me - until now ;)

I read mainly crime fiction. But, I do read other things every now and then.

I'd love to expand my repertoire. :)

Hi, Livila, and the other new members who have joined us recently but have yet to say 'hello'.

Enjoy exploring the site. It takes a while to get your bearings, and there's plenty to distract you. Take a little time to explore old threads, too, as a new slant on an old theme is always welcome.

If there's anything you can't find, just ask (In 'Central Library' if it is book related, otherwise scroll right down to the bottom to 'Anything But Books'). We are very friendly, and happy to help if we can.