Bill

Introduce Yourself

Hello All,

My Name is Col..I come from Glasgow , Scotland and like everyone here im sure , has a love of books.

I dont know how it happened , But today , out of nowhere i rememberd a book which i read at school..but what i dont remember is the author ..or unfortunatley..the name of the book exactly. i do remember the name of the book was a roll call..a school register..the names of the last few pupils in the class ...and im almost sure the story was about said pupils and there attempt to kill their teacher..this is all i have. i have racked my brain trying to think of names starting wih X , Y and Z but to no avail.

Col.

Call me a show-off, but is this it? I'm not quite sure ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dramascripts-Unman-Wittering-Zigo/dp/017432555X

(Welcome to BGO, Col. You'll find we Glaswegians are slowly taking over!)

Thanks ever so much minx..ur an absolute star....this is exactly what i expected from a fellow scot and show off...I now have the option of buying this book and spoiling whatever mystery there is surrounding it..i remember at school finding this quite thought provoking and a tad scary..but..now im slightly older ( :ssh: ) im wondering if this was targeted at school kids for a reason..but one thing is for sure..i can go to bed tonight and not worry about staring at the ceiling mumbling Zico , Zero , Zippo , Thanks again to you and Hazel for the link and for the warm welcome.

Col.

Welcome Col, I'm not from Scotland but it doesn't matter here where you're from. I'm from Germany residing in the Netherlands and everyone has always included me very nicely. Hope you stay around and enjoy it as much as we all do.

Well, I guess I'd better say hello :)

I used to live in a quiet village in Sussex, England, with nothing much to do except ride my bike and watch TV. After my mother got rid of our TV when I was in my early teens, I took up reading in a big way. Mostly I stuck to Andy McNab and Chris Ryan, but then I grew up and started on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (which I never actually finished, I am ashamed to say!) and other such works.

Due to a busy schedule (work, college, and so forth), my reading fell by the wayside.

However, recently I felt the urge once more, and found myself delving back into the book case.

After devouring a Dan Brown box set, Frank Herbert's Dune, and Asimov's iRobot, I have a craving for more.

I figured joining a book community online would be the key to finding some more good books to leaf through!

Sorry for the life story ;)

I figured joining a book community online would be the key to finding some more good books to leaf through!

Well you'll find plenty of suggestions as well as good discussions to get involved with.

Sorry for the life story

Glad you included it! It's always nice to get a sense of background and you're very welcome to the group, Diruo.

Ahh, I'm so used to joining groups where the Sussex contingent consists of myself and no one else!

Of course, the next question I have to ask is whether you're an East-Sussex or West-Sussex bookworm :)

(Or even Central Sussex but that doesn't really count ;))

You'll find we Sussex-dwellers are slowly taking over!

Judging by previous posts, it would seem that it is the Scots who are taking over!

Sterling Bridge, anyone? :D

Hi Guys

First visit after reading some threads as a guest, the comments on "childrens War" sounded good so I just ordered a used one from Amazon.

Is there an area where info on good biographies are posted? I am fed up seeing TV celebs and footballers, both which cannot have lived long enough to have much to write about.

Can anyone recommend and good auto/biographies

Is there an area where info on good biographies are posted?

We have a Biography/Autobiography forum here, Several good ones listed, including memoirs. It's difficult to recommend any as it all depends on the kind of people you are interested in. There are some 'celebs', but not just them.

Welcome to BGO.

Hi all, i'm in the Uk, i live with my soon to be husband and two cats in a village in the midlands.

I love to read and lean mostly to sci fi and fantasy although will read most things.

I have a book review blog Un:Bound

http://hagelrat.blogspot.com/

where i review with a few others. We have also done a few author interviews, most recently Jennifer Rardin. I love bass guitar, trashy sci fi tv and crime drama's. Umm, what else do you want to know? :D

You wouldn't also be Sassy, would you? It was your mention of the Unbound review site that jerked me out of lurk mode.... also your enjoyment of trashy sci fi on tv.

If you like sci fi with sex, I could point you to a few good authors.

Welcome to the forum!

Rowena Cherry

Carol Shields is the only other writer I associate with Canada. Wikipedia reveals she was born in the USA - but lived and wrote in Canada for most of her adult life.

There's Jo Beverley (historical romance). She is from Canada.

best,

Rowena Cherry

Welcome Diruo, frenchman96 and Hagelrat. Happy reading!

First visit after reading some threads as a guest, the comments on "childrens War" sounded good so I just ordered a used one from Amazon.
Congratulations. You will see, it's one of the best purchases you ever made!

Hi !

I have finally decided it was time to join a group of like minded people,that like me has piles and piles of books to read :) .

I like reading everything and anything,my favourite authors are :

Gabriel Garcia Marquez,Terry Pratchett and Pearl S.Buck

Can someone guide me as to what I need to do ,as I would love to join in as much as I can!!

Thanks guys :D

Welcome to BGO, Jana. I've moved your post into this thread, which is where all the introductions live.

As far as what to do, well just take a good look around and where you see a discussion you'd like to contribute to, get stuck in! If there haven't been any contributions for a while then all the better - we like to see old threads revived. If there's a book you'd like to comment on but no thread on it then by all means start one in the relevant section.

If you have any specific problems do post a question here and someone will be able to help.

Welcome, Jana. As David already said, just read your way through the site and you'll soon find that you don't have enough time to do everything you would like to contribute to. I know I don't. I'm sure you will love it here.

Hello fellow book lovers. I am yet another new member! :-) The name is Lindsay, from Scotland. I trawled the internet looking for like-minded people and here you all are! Looking forward to talking to everyone!

Welcome, linsm33. Look forward to seeing you around the site. Please feel free to start up some threads on books you've read / are reading if you find we don't already have them covered.

Hello everyone! I'm yet another new member joining you guys. Looking for like-minded people around me, here you go! My name is Jing, from London. Looking forward to seeing you.

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to join bookgrouponline and meet you guys. It's a great pleasure for me to introduce myself to you. I am a 25-year-old girl graduated from Warwick University. I love reading, jogging, listening to music. I just set up my own website. http://www.breaknewpaths.co.uk Welcome you all to open and have a look at it. It is all about books, nemerous books. also welcome any comments and advices on my website too. It is my first website, please give me some supports and help me build some confidence. Thank you in advance.