Bill

Introduce Yourself

Thank you, you are all so kind.

... and that we're going to see much more of you once again.
I will try my best.

... when Esperanto was raised in a discussion.
Forgot to ask. Do you remember which thread it was in? I will try to get through them - but veeery slowly.

Thanks, MM for your nice welcome back sign.

Hi everyone.

My name is Patrick, I'm a retired person and I live in Dublin, Ireland. I discovered this forum last year, lost the link and then found it again today.

I'm always on the lookout for new authors to read and I hope to be pointed in the right direction by reading the posts in the forum. I will try to share my thoughts (likes and dislikes) about books I read with the members of the forum.

Best regards.

Paddy.

Thank you, you are all so kind
Well, I won't mention then that it's just brought tears of joy to my eyes to see you back home with us, Momo! We've really missed you, so it's lovely to have you here, even in short stints.

And welcome as well to Pappilon Noir-Paddy. Glad you found your way back!

It was the Language Thread, Momo.
Thanks, David, just answered the post. Will probably have to say more but don't want to overdo it on my first couple of days.

Again, very kind of all of you to give me such a nice welcome back. Will try to stay in touch.

And welcome to Jake and Paddy, you'll love it here.

ummmmm .... i know nothing about Amazon. i'm just dropping by to say hi and introduce myself. i'm from Canada - have been living in a small city in S. Ontario for the past nine years, but prior to that i lived in 'the bush' - the Boreal Forest of N. Ontario, slugging out a living on a farm.

now i work in an office and stay dry and clean and make good money for much less stress. tis good, though i do miss the trees.

love stories - books, movies, day-to-day life. i'm looking forward to some good discussions.

Hi s00z, welcome to BGO. I know quite a few Canadians and have read many Canadian books in our RL (real life) international book club, would be lovely to hear from you.

DOes anyone here buy amazon books?, whats new with amazon?

Mmm, I think it's fair to say that one or two of us buy books from Amazon, if that's what you meant! Anyway, welcome to BGO!

And a belated welcome to Papillon Noir and s00z, and welcome back to Momo!

Hi s00z, welcome to BGO. I know quite a few Canadians and have read many Canadian books in our RL (real life) international book club, would be lovely to hear from you.

thanks Momo. real life international book club? sounds interesting.

there are some wonderful Canadian authors - but they don't get a lot of fanfare i am afraid. well, other than Margaret Atwood. :)

Carol Shields is the only other writer I associate with Canada. Wikipedia reveals she was born in the USA - but lived and wrote in Canada for most of her adult life.

Carol Shields is the only other writer I associate with Canada. Wikipedia reveals she was born in the USA - but lived and wrote in Canada for most of her adult life.

...and similarly, many people assume Douglas Coupland is American, and yet he is a Vancouver resident and Canadian passport holder (Wikipedia says he was born on a West German army base to Canadian parents).

While I'm here, hello to all newbies and a big welcome to BGO.

So far we've read Douglas Glover, Ann-Marie MacDonald, M.T. Dohaney, Timothy Findley, Michael Ondaatje, Jane Urquart, Catherine Bush and - my absolute favourite - Mary Lawson. Then there's other authors living in Canada, like Rohinton Mistry. And I'm sure I've read other Canadian authors but that topic certainly belongs somewhere else.

List of Canadian Writers

Hello All,

My Name is Col..I come from Glasgow , Scotland and like everyone here im sure , has a love of books.

I like to read fictional crime and fav authors at the moment are Christopher Brookemyer and Mark Billingham.Those of you who are familier with these guys will also know there is a dark humour in these books which appeal to me...so..i ask you all to be patient and maybe read between the lines of my posts. :)

Now..down to business ..a question I hope someone out there can answer.

I dont know how it happened , But today , out of nowhere i rememberd a book which i read at school..but what i dont remember is the author ..or unfortunatley..the name of the book exactly. i do remember the name of the book was a roll call..a school register..the names of the last few pupils in the class ...and im almost sure the story was about said pupils and there attempt to kill their teacher..this is all i have. i have racked my brain trying to think of names starting wih X , Y and Z but to no avail.

the sadists among you may like to play a game and drop some subtle hints regarding the title of the book..but im hoping the show offs come right out and tell me.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Col.

My Name is Col..I come from Glasgow , Scotland

Yea! The 'Wegian Legion swells its ranks. Welcome to BGO Col.