Hi,

Silly me, I accidentally posted this in another forum first :( Never mind, I've found the right place now.

I'm Ruth (obviously) and am an avid reader (I think it's an addiction). Always on the lookout for new places to talk books, so I am glad to have found this board. :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm Ruth (obviously) and am an avid reader (I think it's an addiction).
I'm afraid you might be right...one or two of us on BGO seem to be similarly afflicted ;)
Always on the lookout for new places to talk books, so I am glad to have found this board. :)
You've definitely come to the right place, we do like to talk books. Any type of book in particular? We have all sorts here, and you are welcome to 'talk' about any of them.

Hi all

Signed up yesterday after finding the site on google.

I've always loved books and own about 200 that I still need to read, which could take me a while!

Really into fantasy at the moment and reading the Wheel of Time.

Favourite books are the Dark Tower series by Stephen King and the Arthur Trilogy by Bernard Cornwell.

I'm 28 and work for the DWP. I have two children and live in Poulton-Le-Fylde.

Originally Posted by Ruth

I'm Ruth (obviously) and am an avid reader (I think it's an addiction).

I'm afraid you might be right...one or two of us on BGO seem to be similarly afflicted ;)
Now that's the best understatement I've heard for years. All you new people will have noticed that we like making fun of each other as well as talking about the books. So, don't take everything too serious and join right in.

sign0016.gif Revony

sign0016.gif Ruth

sign0016.gif Jeremy DEagle

Just wanted to say hi. Love the look of the forum, as reading is my main hobby (way of life?). Anyhow, at present we are living in Devon, although originally from Edinburgh.We, being, myself, husband, and 2 "kids" (21+23!), and the biggest kid of all, namely Rosie, our 8 year old boxer dog.

Read a wide variety of books, with historical fiction being the favorite at the moment. Also quite enjoy factual(again usually historical,) books too.

Hi. Now I have pressed the "post reply" button my mind has gone totally blank of what to say here. The obvious thing is - well I'm new to BGO and I like reading books, but both of those things are probably apparent as I have ended up here?!? :D

I have spent a couple of weeks just having a bit of a look around before having the courage to say hi. So sorry for not joining in earlier, but with so many people out there and soooooooo many topics to look at it took a while to feel comfortable. Well I am off to browse some other threads.

I have spent a couple of weeks just having a bit of a look around before having the courage to say hi.

Hi Candy and welcome to the group. I "lurked" for months before I decided it might be more fun if I joined in occasionally! Now, I can't do without my daily fix :)

Hello, Candy. Welcome to BGO.

Now you have taken the plunge, and we haven't bitten you I hope we'll see more of you around the various forums...once you've found your way about. (Don't worry if it takes a while, I've just found a corner of the site I'd never been before - in 2.5years!)

Hi another booklover here. Dingsy recommended it to me. I had a quick look and liked what I saw, so here I am. Married with two grown up children ( 29 & 30 ) and one grandson ( 20 months) Now a stay at home gran with about 100 books on my TBR pile.

Hi Sofia,welcome to BGO, glad to have you with us. I see you have already leapt in and started posting, so I'm sure we will be sharing ideas about the books we are reading very soon.

Hello to you too, patweb, and Welcome! Another at-home granny here. We all mix very happily here, of whatever age, nationality gender or religion. I look forward to exchanging thoughts with you on the various discussion forums in due course.

Hello all

I have often viewed the threads on this site, but have decided it's time to join in!

I love most fiction, but favourites are (in no particular order): Martin Amis, John Updike, E. Annie Proulx, Don Delillo, Ian McEwan, Henry James, Dickens, Austen, Eliot, Salman Rushdie, Colm Toibin........... A broad church, I guess.

I am reading Falling Man by Don Delillo at the moment. Don't often fork out for HB, but couldn't resist. Weak willed in a bookstore, I'm afraid.

Cheers

Zebra

Hi Dingsy, Candy1976, Sofia, patweb and ZebraMc, a big Welcome to all of you. I'm sure you'll have as much fun here than we all do. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you. 042.gif

Hi all, I'm r3nu4l (pronounced "Renewal"). I'm Irish living in the UK and was a member here before the database got wiped out. Have to say I'm glad to be back but did consider not coming back at all due to the hardware failure issues. Hope that doesn't happen again! :(

Still I'm back and glad I came back. Once my wedding is over I may even subscribe to the site...the money may help buy a new backup system :D