Bill

Introduce Yourself

1 hour ago, andow3215 said:

hallo, nice to meet you guys,,

Hello Andow and welcome to the board. Please feel free to join in any discussion you fancy, even the old ones it's always good to get a fresh opinion.

Hi, I'm Stephanie and I've been a boiler since I was a child 😊. I love on the North East coast in the Uk, and apart from reading, my hobbies include horse riding, baking, doing jigsaws and colouring.

I've got a 15.2that roan Clydesdale X mare called Heather who's adorable 😍😍!. Despite being 22, she still loves a good canter on the beach. 

I read most genres of books, although I'm not so keen on the science fiction and crime genres. Love a good ghost story though 😊.

10 hours ago, Stephanie Louise said:

Hi, I'm Stephanie and I've been a boiler since I was a child 😊. I love on the North East coast in the Uk, and apart from reading, my hobbies include horse riding, baking, doing jigsaws and colouring.

I've got a 15.2that roan Clydesdale X mare called Heather who's adorable 😍😍!. Despite being 22, she still loves a good canter on the beach. 

I read most genres of books, although I'm not so keen on the science fiction and crime genres. Love a good ghost story though 😊.

Welcome to the board.  Good to see you and look forward to hearing more from you

Hi all,

I have probably overlooked it but I don't seem to find an introduction thread for newcomers. Hence, I decided to create one... Which may off course be perceived as rather forward for a newcomer. But be assured, that is certainly not the intention.

So, as I'm new here, a short introduction.

My name is Tom Fitch. I belong to the age-group generally defined as middle-agers... Although I often feel younger, but on occasion also older.

I live in the Brussels area. My parents worked and lived there when I was born and I never got around to leaving. Which is rather a good thing as I actually like the place a lot, even if some refer to it as a hellhole. Rest assured, few Brusselers feel any inclination whatever to convince him of the opposite, and prefer keeping Brussels' hidden charms to themselves. 

I'm married with two teenage kids. Which prevents life from getting dull.

I have been reading for as long as I can remember. As a kid, I already had a flash-light stashed under my pillow to read late into evenings under my blankets. I remember the Famous Five from those days, as well as Rémi, the Nobody's Boy. Currently, I mainly read novels, almost no non-fiction. One exception to that though. Being a car-nut, I read a lot of books covering motorsports history.

Authors I particularly like are Tom Wolfe, Pete Dexter and Joe Abercrombie.

Besides reading, I try to dabble a bit in the endless pool of words and sentences, hoping, probably in vain 😃, to one day end up with a master piece on my desk.

That being said, I hope to find some good banter and rambling about books and writing in general here.

Looking forward to exchange some spirited thoughts with you all.

Tom  

Welcome to the board, Tom.

I'm glad that you started your own introduction thread, please continue to start a thread where you see fit or add to one, the conversation is never really finished and we always appreciate a new perspective. Love a good spirited exchange myself, so we'll meet again.

6 hours ago, Tom Fitch said:

Hi all,

I have probably overlooked it but I don't seem to find an introduction thread for newcomers. Hence, I decided to create one...

Welcome Tom.

I have merged your thread with the original  introductions thread,  here in Central library.

As luna said, feel free to start new threads at any time - sometimes it is difficult to find the existing ones if they haven't had new posts for a while.

It is no trouble for a moderator to merge old and new threads on a subject, if that is necessary.

Thanks for the welcomes Megustaleer and Luna.

And also thanks for merging the thread into the existing introductions thread.

Tom

Hi all

New member here.I'm taking advantage of lockdown and corona misery to revisit an old and ferocious reading habit. Looking forward to keeping up with other readers and lovers of fiction. Just finished William Boyd's Trio. Top marks for easy read...

Edited by borisgoodenough
correct "uneasy" to read "easy"

1 hour ago, borisgoodenough said:

Hi all

New member here.I'm taking advantage of lockdown and corona misery to revisit an old and ferocious reading habit. Looking forward to keeping up with other readers and lovers of fiction. Just finished William Boyd's Trio. Top marks for easy read...

Hello and welcome to the board. Well done for getting stuck in, we love new opinions 

On 18/11/2020 at 09:00, borisgoodenough said:

Hi all

Welcome.  I am a huge William Boyd family and went to order Trio on my kindle, only to find I had already ordered it and it will appear, like magic, on January 19.  I am looking forward to it.