Bill

Introduce Yourself

2 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I wasn't aware that there was a rule against members posting their own poetry so go right ahead!

Really? it was tagesmann I asked in a PM about it - I asked if poems could be posted in the writers corner sub-forum and he said they dont really allow unpublished pieces . I also wondered about mentioning a couple of book related things (schemes/concepts) I'm aware of and enjoy, which others might like but I'm aware it could appear like advertising. Obviously I wouldn't want to get banned or anything.

6 hours ago, DawdlingPoet said:

Thats nice to hear. I certainly hope to make some new friends here too :)  its a shame I can't post my poems here but oh well.

Writers corner subforum is a good place for that :)

7 hours ago, poppy said:

Hello everyone. Another Book Club Forum refugee. This looks a lovely friendly place and the format is almost exactly the same, so I'm already feeling quite at home  :)

Welcome poppy :)

7 hours ago, poppy said:

Hello everyone. Another Book Club Forum refugee. This looks a lovely friendly place and the format is almost exactly the same, so I'm already feeling quite at home  :)

Hello Poppy! :wavey:

13 hours ago, DawdlingPoet said:

its a shame I can't post my poems here but oh well.

The sub-heading to Writers Corner says 

Whether you're a professional or budding writer or just write for fun, this is the place to discuss writing - whether it's fiction, non-fiction, comedy, journalism etc.

I think that covers your poems, 

Edit: It may be that the Writers Circle would be a better place for members own work - but

a] It's so long since that was active that I forget quite what it was for. I have a vague feeling that it was for members to post their work-in-progress for the comments of the other members - which brings me to

b] It was/is a closed forum, only open to participating members who, it is hoped, would make helpful comments, not to everyone on the board. To that end it is password controlled, and I do not know the password.

I will try to find out more, but in the meantime you can use main Writers Corner forum.

14 hours ago, DawdlingPoet said:

Really? it was tagesmann I asked in a PM about it - I asked if poems could be posted in the writers corner sub-forum and he said they dont really allow unpublished pieces . I also wondered about mentioning a couple of book related things (schemes/concepts) I'm aware of and enjoy, which others might like but I'm aware it could appear like advertising. Obviously I wouldn't want to get banned or anything.

Obviously I did not know that

8 hours ago, megustaleer said:

Edit: It may be that the Writers Circle would be a better place for members own work - but

a] It's so long since that was active that I forget quite what it was for. I have a vague feeling that it was for members to post their work-in-progress for the comments of the other members - which brings me to

b] It was/is a closed forum, only open to participating members who, it is hoped, would make helpful comments, not to everyone on the board. To that end it is password controlled, and I do not know the password.

I will try to find out more, but in the meantime you can use main Writers Corner forum.

Meg to the rescue!

10 hours ago, megustaleer said:

Okay, fair enough. Thank you :)

hello all just found this site whise i was lookin for a book  i read a few years ago which is difficult because i can't remember the title i'll post a few details later

regards matt  

Hi everyone. my names Rashel and i live in South Australia. i'm a student as well as a huge book worm and enjoy reading more supernatural romance books. I have a collection of nearly 400 books and am running out of room 😂. Currently reading crescendo by Becca Fitzpatric for the third time and am a fan of Cassandra Clare and James Patterson as well. So, hi🙋‍♀️

2 hours ago, Rashel said:

Hi everyone. my names Rashel and i live in South Australia. i'm a student as well as a huge book worm and enjoy reading more supernatural romance books. I have a collection of nearly 400 books and am running out of room 😂. Currently reading crescendo by Becca Fitzpatric for the third time and am a fan of Cassandra Clare and James Patterson as well. So, hi🙋‍♀️

Hello Rashel and welcome to the board.  I've seen your other post and glad to see that you are not afraid to join in and give your opinion - which is more than welcome.  I hope that you enjoy your time here and please continue to join in on any thread that you fancy

Hi Rashel, I'm a fan of Cassandra Clare too.  Welcome to the forum.

Hello Rashel and welcome to BGO, hope you enjoy the forum.

Hello, all!

I just signed up a while back. I'm here because I really like to read and think about what it means to read--that is, about just why it is an eminently unique experience. I remember DF Wallace  and Zadie Smith talking about how, among other things, reading requires one to be ok about being alone, and I think that's a great way to look at it.

My digression aside: I'm here because I love reading what others think about literature.

As you may have guessed, my current favorites include DF Wallace, Zadie, Pynchon, Hanif Kureishi. I also enjoy non-fiction from the introductory, textbook kind to the citation-heavy research paper kind.

That's about it :)