• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, everyone!  I'm another refugee from the Book Club Forum.  I'm pleased to have found this place (with itsmeagain's recommendation).

I live in the UK, and I'm a freelance writer/editor.  My favourite book genres are the classics, crime & mystery, lgbt, non-fiction, and contemporary.  I've been a huge fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories since I was a little kid, and I belonged to several Holmesian societies way back in the 90s.  Some favourite authors (besides A.C. Doyle) are William S. Burroughs, Truman Capote, Virginia Woolf, Helene Hanff, and Agatha Christie.  :)

9 minutes ago, Onion Budgie said:

Hello, everyone!  I'm another refugee from the Book Club Forum.  I'm pleased to have found this place (with itsmeagain's recommendation).

I live in the UK, and I'm a freelance writer/editor.  My favourite book genres are the classics, crime & mystery, lgbt, non-fiction, and contemporary.  I've been a huge fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories since I was a little kid, and I belonged to several Holmesian societies way back in the 90s.  Some favourite authors (besides A.C. Doyle) are William S. Burroughs, Truman Capote, Virginia Woolf, Helene Hanff, and Agatha Christie.  :)

Welcome Onion Budgie.  Please don't hesitate to post anywhere you like. 

Hi everyone, I am also a refugee from the Book Club Forum. I hope I enjoy this forum as much as I did BCF. There were some really great members on BCF and I hope to see many of them here.

50 minutes ago, Onion Budgie said:

Great to see you Onion Budgie.

Welcome to Muggle too.

So pleased to be able to welcome members of the sadly - closing Book Club Forum. You are all very welcome, and everything in my reply to itsmeagain (to whom -  thanks for the birthday greetings) applies to the rest of you. I am very excited about this injection of new blood!

On 31/07/2018 at 15:30, Onion Budgie said:

4 hours ago, Viccie said:

Welcome to our new members.

Thanks Vickie.

Thanks  iff.😃

Edited by itsmeagain

Hello Onion Budgie, love the name, hope you enjoy BGO.  I'm working my way through late 1930's WWII books, stories of how the folk survived in the poorer parts of Liverpool and also London, also like crime and mystery but was a bit overloaded with it for a while so am taking some time off.  Also it's tennis watching season and that take up a lot of telly time.

4 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

Hi Loretta.

You  only just joined BCF, but sadly it's closing.😏

As for me, another forum I am on, is also closing.

Two in one week.🙄😏

Yes, what a shame. I followed your advice and joined here, instead. 😀

I like this forum. It looks good and seems easy to get around. (as was BFC)

Very pleased to have you join us, Loretta have a good look round, and join in wherever you like. We are happy to have hibernating threads woken up for new voices to join in the discussions.

No worries about posting in the wrong place, or duplicating a topic, we don't mind moving stuff around  if needed.

I just sent her a PM and email as follows:

Hi Madeleine,

Just trying to see if you get this. I will also send it to your email.

Are you getting any error messages that would help us figure out your problem? Have you double checked the spelling of your username? (We have the spelling as above.) If it's your name then it's unlikely you would get that wrong.

Someone said you were trying to email the site - what email address were you using?

This one is a bit of a puzzle! Thanks for persevering anyway.

Minxminnie (moderator)