• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, as the 'lost' introductions thread has been found and safely pinned into position in Central Library, I'd like to welcome you, Lexi - do explore the site for books (and other subjects) you'd like to discuss.

Don't feel shy about resurrecting old and apparently dormant threads, we like to have more opinions added to wake up a discussion.

If there's not a thread on a book, or a subject you are interested in feel free to start a thread of your own. Don't worry about making mistakes, or posting in the wrong forum, or starting a thread if you haven't found one on that subject that already exists - the moderating team can sort that out for you.

Now we have put this thread back where it belongs I expect other members will soon be along to say 'Hi"

On 4.4.2017 at 17:58, Minxminnie said:

Hi Lexi,

I have merged your post with our "Please Introduce yourself" thread (which needs to be easier to find!)

Welcome to BGO.

Oki. Thank you :)

On 4.4.2017 at 17:58, Minxminnie said:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello - thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself.   I had been wandering around the forum, trying to find the place for new members - glad I finally found it!  

My name is Alodie and and am always looking for new authors to read.  Sometimes I feel frustrated that they don't write as quickly as I read.  (Then I started writing and realised why!!)  I remember, as a child, being annoyed to hear that Arthur Ransome had died.  I had been enjoying reading his books, and was upset that he wouldn't be writing any more.  Oh, the selfishness of children!!!

I had spent a while working in mind-numbingly boring factories and killed the time by telling myself a good story.  Now it's many, many years later, and I’ve started writing them down. 

My first real novel took the best part of a year to write. I just sat down at the computer and told myself chapter after chapter.  That was the easy part!

The second story came out as a Radio play – I enjoyed listening to Radio 4 Saturday Night Theatre for years.  But then I realised that no one buys radio plays, so I am converting it into a novel – a much harder job than I’d realised.

Aside from the novels, I enjoy embroidery and have produced a range of small e-Books of cross stitch patterns

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! My name is Alberto Pupo, I am a married father of three crazy kids. I currently reside in Frederick Maryland.

I am also an independent sci fi author who on occasion dabbles in writing horror novellas (only have one published thus far). All my works are available via Amazon all of the available on Kindle. Besides writing I am a voracious reader with a preference for science fiction, fantasy and horror although I will read pretty much anything else.

I am glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to interacting with all of you.

Welcome to the Board, Alberto.  Please continue to post on any thread that interests you (we never really finish with a topic and are always happy to carry on) and don't be afraid to create a new one if you can't find what you're looking for.  Some of us like science fiction, fantasy and horror so you'll easily find someone to chat to.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,  My name is Hazel [nut by name & nut by nature!]. Having just joined BGO, I am trying to find my way around the site at the moment. I clicked on the link "Introduce yourself thread" in the beginner's guide but the page could not be found. By searching "Introduce yourself" I have found this thread. Hope I'm commenting in the right place. I am an avid book reader and look forward to contributing to discussions and reading other people's thoughts on the books they have read. I also collect modern first edition novels. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Best wishes, Hazel. 

• 5 months later...

Hi everybody,

So I've just signed up to this forum, and I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. 

My name is James Attwell. I'm a frequent-reader-occasional-writer. I like books that have something something to say about society,

even if they do so in a fictional setting. Some of my favourites include 'Animal farm' by George Orwell, 'The Lord of the Rings' by J R R Tolkien,

and 'Brave new World' by Aldous Huxley....but that's just a few.

- James Attwell

Edited by James Attwell
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi itsmeagain, good to have you join us here on BGO.  Sorry to hear that Book Club Forum is closing,

I joined BCF in 2010, and am still a member, although I am embarrassed to confess that I have not posted there since the following spring. It was pretty busy here at that time, and this is where my loyalty lay having been a member from the start, so I faded out of several other forums.

We have a small group of regular posters, but are more than happy to see discussion on old treads revived by new mwmbeers with fresh thoughts, so feel free to join in anywhere or, of course, to start your own topic.

Take a little time to look around and find out how we work - the forums are organised differently to Book Club Forum, and may seem a bit quirky, but we have been going for a good many years, and this is how it has evolved.

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

megustaleer

(moderator)