Wonderful to see you back Gram. You've been missed.

Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations but as per usual, now you know the beast you are dealing with at least you are on a path to coping/healing.  

Although I don't envy you a commute on Southern Rail (or Fail as tagesmann lovingly called it), I do envy you working in the middle of London.  I used to work in the City, and loved every minute. London being my home town I suppose that's not surprising.

I was given a book on London by a Dr. Matthew Green this year, and when I was reading it, and afterwards, I thought of you and your interest in our capital city.  I keep meaning to write a review and will try and do that soon, but if you are interested the title is London: A travel Guide Through Time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

This is an attempt at finding a more interesting group of people to discuss books and the like with.

The forums look fantastic, but right now I'm almost falling asleep at my computer.

I'm a 32 yo mother from Stockholm, but originally Australian. I read mostly audiobooks, though I might occasionally read a script online. I can't abide ebooks because I'm blind and my reading software is annoying to listen to endlessly. It does frequently mean I abandon a book not because of the author, but because of the narrator. Right now I am enjoying the beginning of my journey through Beckett's trilagy, which I decided to read after listening to Waiting for Godot.

Hello all,

This is an attempt at finding a more interesting group of people to discuss books and the like with.

The forums look fantastic, but right now I'm almost falling asleep at my computer.

I'm a 32 yo mother from Stockholm, but originally Australian. I read mostly audiobooks, though I might occasionally read a script online. I can't abide ebooks because I'm blind and my reading software is annoying to listen to endlessly. It does frequently mean I abandon a book not because of the author, but because of the narrator. Right now I am enjoying the beginning of my journey through Beckett's trilagy, which I decided to read after listening to Waiting for Godot.

Welcome, Gryfynn! Hope you enjoy the site. Good to have another drama fan. Feel free to revive old threads on texts you've enjoyed.

It would be interesting to hear from you how you find our site for accessibility, and whether there is anything we can do to improve that.

hi guys. just wanted to say hello to my fellow bookworms. I love all types of books. the lates book  read was life and death by Stephanie Meyers.  but I like fiction non fiction fantasy scifi.  my favorite series is game of thrones. and my favorite book  is between the alchemist or the fault in our stars.    what are you guys reading now?

Hello Bookworm, welcome aboard.  Always good to see new forumers.  I see you're from Pennsylvania, not too far away from us, I live in Burlington, Ontario.  Hope you enjoy the forum.

hi, bookworm1984, welcome to BookGroup Online, or as we call it, BGO.

I hope you enjoy exploring the site. As has been said, feel welcome to add to any thread, whether current or a bit neglected. Feel free to start your own if you can't find a thread that covers the book/subject you want to discuss, it will be no trouble for a moderator to merge a new thread with an existing one, if necessary.

For example, I have done that here, merging your first thread into the "Please Introduce Yourself" one

Oh hello! I didnt know this page was available as I saw that the 'Please Introduce Yourself thread' was no longer working, so I thought there was no thread to introduce ourselves!

I am from the UK and currently reading "The first day on the Somme". I am also in my final year at Uni. I have always loved reading. At around the age of 12 I started reading many books, for quite a few years as well. I always remember feeling 'hooked' to many books that I 'couldnt put down'. Then all of a sudden I stopped reading as much. The past 3-4 years I have been slowly trying to read more again, however have not felt that 'hooked' feeling for many years! 

I am trying to get into reading books about History, as I have always loved learning and watching Documentaries, but never read a historical book! Will probably most likely go for non-fiction (next book I want to get is about the last Tsar's), but might try fiction also! :) 

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the group, Elif! It's a great place to be. Feel free to post on old threads or start new ones. I look forward to reading your comments!

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo Everyone :) Lexi here, i didn't find an Introductory post but thought i'd stop by and say hallo. I reckon that’s the right way to do it. Glad to be here and looking forward to great chit chats!