Dan

Writers in these genres who are funny?

Can anyone recommend writers in these genres who have a sense of humor? Not necessarily comedy, but wisecracking narrators or amusing descriptions. Carl Hiaasen and Tim Dorsey are examples I've enjoyed, as well as Elmore Leonard. Or the movies Red and Red2. Or similar to the urban fantasy writers Kevin Hearne or Simon R Green. Thanks!

Thanks Viccie! I think you were the one who recommended Green and Hearne, and I enjoy Kevin Hearne so much that I restrain myself from reading his books so that I can look forward to reading him for a very long time. I like Aaronovitch and will check out Malcolm Pryce

Christopher Brookmyre is very funny. I would recommend any Jack Parlabane books, or One Fine Day In The Middle Of The Night, or A Tale Etched In Blood And Hard Black Pencil.

He's also very Scottish, but I have a couple of English friends who are avid friends at my recommendation, and it doesn't bother them. (I very occasionally get a text asking what a bahookie is, or something, but not often...)

I also liked what I read of Bateman (Colin Bateman, but I think he often goes by just his surname.)

Just googled Brookmyre and that seems to be just what I was looking for. Bateman sounds good too! Thanks!

I recommend the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde as an example.

Thanks Mick745! I own Lost in a good book, which I believe is in that series. I will check it out! I've heard good things about afforded, but haven't read anything of his yet

Someday I'll remember to proofread ???? Yes, that should've said Fforde ????