brings the problem of drug use and distribution directly

into the school and affects the health, well-being and

safety of all students. I wrote Snowballs and Sinners in

the aftermath of addressing a school-wide drug

infestation. Although the thriller, Snowballs and

Sinners, is fiction, the story is based on actual events

and on real people. The story chronicles activities at a

typical, suburban school and provides a glimpse into

the drug subculture present in our schools today.

post-3148-0-85005800-1455309387_thumb.jpg

Available at Amazon

Edited by danmiller48

When I read your review Dan, I was glad that our kids are adults and their kids are adults and also hoped that maybe the drug culture wasn't as rampant in Canada as in the U.S., however, I have no way of knowing that.  Don't know about the U.K. and that is where many of the members of the forum are located. Your books does sound interesting but maybe informative too.

Welcome to BGO, maybe some of the other threads would interest you too, so have a look around.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By HGnanasekar
      I am Mrs.Hemalatha Gnanasekar, an Indian Author.    I am writing this to inform readers about my new book "The Heart of Gold".    I wish to share the synopsis and the first chapter of my book.  If you like the first chapter and wish to continue reading, you may order it through this link.   

[link redacted - please use the Amazon link at the top of the page to support BGO - MisterHobgoblin]

The Heart of Gold is a gripping romance thriller that explores not only the dangerous territory of love and marriage, but also the changing culture of modern Indian city life.  Mukesh and Nithya are caught between time-honored traditions and the new, fast paced global lifestyle. 
      Mukesh, a successful business man on a steady rise in the corporate world, is hesitant when his mother urges him to find a wife. But when she introduces him to the bride she’s chosen for him, Mukesh is surprised by his luck: Nithya is beautiful, smart, cultured, and from a good family. It seems like a perfect match, and he finds himself falling in love.
      But before he can settle into his new married life, Nithya tells him the horrible truth: her parents blackmailed her into the marriage. Instead of love and companionship, it’s longing and agony for Mukesh while Nithya feels only anger and resentment towards him and her parents.
      To make matters worse, Giridhar, a flame from Nithya’s past, unexpectedly makes his way back into her life. At first, Nithya is wary of her ex, but as she grows more and more distant from her husband and her parents, she finds herself letting him in. Giridhar convinces her to go away with him on vacation, where events take a dangerous turn. When she awakens, locked inside a lodge alone in the dead of night, to a strange noise at the door, she realizes that perhaps she shouldn’t have trusted him so blindly.
      Meanwhile, Mukesh struggles to come to terms with his failed marriage and his wife’s abandonment. With no one else to turn to, Nithya calls him in her desperation, but will he be willing to help her despite his anger and wounded pride? Can they put the past behind them to disentangle her from the peril she put herself in?

CHAPTER ONE

Mukesh was having a bath when he heard his cell phone buzz. He ignored it. He cursed his mother for having talked him into marrying a girl ten years younger than him, despite his protests that their viewpoints would be incompatible.   Although he had borne all his young wife’s tantrums and wayward behavior patiently, she had left him.   Mukesh was heart-broken now. His marriage had lasted only six months. All his efforts to salvage it had been futile.

He had switched off his cell phone the previous afternoon. Ever since he had read Nithya’s dreadfully final note, his mind had been in turmoil and he wanted to shut the world out. If only he had not been quite so accommodating and adjustable with his young wife’s vagaries, things would never have come to such a pass. But the damage was irrevocable and all he could do now was to reconcile himself to the broken relationship and move on.

It was only early that morning that he had switched his mobile back on and he was already regretting it. He stood under the shower for a long time, letting the cold-water flow over his body, but it did little to soothe his turbulent thoughts.

When he stepped into the bedroom, toweling his rather slim body, the phone was still ringing. Irritated, he picked it up, then froze when he noticed the caller ID.  Nithya. What did she want from him now ? Hadn’t she caused enough agony already! He disconnected the call; almost immediately, the phone rang again. He let it ring for a minute or so before finally giving in. ‘What do you want?’ he asked gruffly.

In response, all he could hear were sobs. Frustrated, he yelled, ‘Who is this?’

Between sobs, Nithya said, ‘Mukesh … please … please … don’t hang up.’

He snorted angrily.

‘Mukesh … listen to me, please. I’m in trouble. I need your help.’

‘Is that so?’ he asked sarcastically.

Nithya sniffed and cleared her throat. ‘Mukesh … please note down this address and come quickly.’

‘Nithya,’ Mukesh said, ‘you and I are finished, remember? So this, whatever it is, is none of my business!’

‘Mukesh, please,’ she cried, beseechingly, ‘I don’t know how much time I have.’ She dropped her voice to a whisper. ‘I cannot talk now. I’ll explain everything in detail later. Now, please, please, write this address down, and come here as soon as you can.’

As Mukesh desultorily scribbled the address on a bit of paper, the phone went dead.

Mukesh stared at the address blankly for a while before crumpling the piece of paper and flinging it into the bin. If Nithya was in trouble, she deserved it.
    • By sasireader21
      If you could meet any character from any book, who would you get to know? I would love to chat with Hermione Granger from Harry Potter; I feel as though she would have interesting stories and that we could relate to each other easily.
    • By BookishThings
      We all have baggage. Real friends help you carry it.

It’s 1983 in Boscobel, Wisconsin, in the southwestern corner of the state, known as the Driftless Area. Ellis Sayre is different. He’s a twelve year old orphaned Native American. His adoptive parents lost a son a few years ago and welcomed him to deal with their grief. While stealing day-old bread for a friend in need, Ellis and his two best friends—George and Mason—witness a murder by a local kingpin. Authorities disagree with their story. They call it made up. The boys are trapped, worried for their lives, sending them on a flight to Grandad’s Bluff in La Crosse, WI, along the Mississippi River. Two peripheral stories about Ellis Abbot—a World War II veteran, and Two Right Feet—an orphaned Native American during early 1800’s, are entwined to unearth Ellis Sayre’s roots. They combine to tell the truth.

- I really enjoyed this book, there was mystery, there was confusion, there were surprises and there was a heartwarming account of friendship and what it is to be there for someone. It's brilliant and especially cosy to read this time of year! 
    • By Khaled Talib
      Dear all, the first review of GUN KISS is in.

Take a deep breath, because Gun Kiss's special brand of high-octane action is on its way to market, and it's a hell of a ride especially recommended for thriller readers who like their action not only nonstop, but tempered with a bit of romance and a lot of world-hopping political confrontations.
      The tension begins in the first paragraph as a Lincoln re-enactment event in Washington, D.C. results in a hostage and a bomber intent on thievery. Rick achieves his goals with almost casual precision: it's clear he's not only planned his escapade down to the second, but that he's a pro.
      As a missing Deringer from The Ford Theatre Museum involves a host of special interests, the story heats up to become a globe-trotting series of escapades and encounters by disparate individuals who each harbor their own special interests.
      A network involved in piracy and smuggling, a monied Chinese drug trafficker who works out a deal that lands him in Tijuana, Goldie's strange party for the paparazzi, and Blake's need for a holiday away from intrigue and complications all join with a range of subplots designed to keep Gun Kiss unpredictable, unexpected, and sometimes unsettling as events keep on creating new connections and surprises.
      As a stolen artifact evolves into crimes surrounding a maniacal drug lord, challenges to U.S. and Mexican government relations, and deadly escapades that involve faked deaths and real kidnappings, readers experience a supercharged plot that grabs interest tightly and does not let go.
      The mark of a superior thriller lies in its ability to seamlessly transcend borders, boundaries, and special interests to provide a series of interwoven subplots that all come together in a satisfying crescendo of intrigue designed to keep readers on edge right up to the end.
      Take a deep breath before reading Gun Kiss. Its special brand of activity and complex personal and criminal interactions makes it hard to put down, and highly recommended for thriller and crime readers alike.

D. Donavan
      Senior Reviewer
      Midwest Book Review

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      Hiya,
      My new thriller, GUN KISS,  will be released on 1 December, 2017. This thriller with a hint of romance features a protagonist who falls in love with a Hollywood movie star. But their relationship is not smooth sailing as a killer is stalking them. I've enjoyed writing GUN KISS and I hope you'll enjoy reading it. The novel will officially be released on 1 December first and will be available through Amazon - please click on the site's link at the top of the screen. 

GUN KISS BOOK LAUNCH
      Please join me to celebrate the launch of my new thriller, Gun Kiss.
      Lots of #kindle book prizes to be won!
      Here's the Facebook link for more details. Kindly RSVP. Thank you, and I hope to see you there! GUN KISS BOOK LAUNCH

Best wishes,'
      KT
      p.s. Hope you like the cover.