Favorite bands of all time

• 2 weeks later...

I failed to mention ZZ Top :dunno:

Lol. The song Legs? always makes me smile. "She's got legs and knows how to use them..." Be worried if she didn't.

Damn had to listen to it.

Edited by Clavain
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice topic! Here's my 10 in no particular order, based on a mix of how many records I own by each of those, how frequently I listen to them and how often I've seen them live.

REM (first 'proper' band I got into, and ultimately my gateway to alternative music)

Tool

Amplifier

Baroness

Clutch

Alice in Chains

Mastodon

Manic Street Preachers

Metallica

Porcupine Tree

Here's 10 that deserve honourable mentions -  Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Crowded House, Rage Against the Machine, Helmet, Kylesa, Kvelertak, Oceansize, Soundgarden.... ;)

Edited by solace91z

Like RG Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band would come pretty high on any list of bands for me. I was with him at that concert in 1980, I had just turned 19! RG was the real fan at the time but as we had only been dating about six months we were still in that stage where we did everything together no matter what so I went along only knowing a few songs. At the time I was a bit bored at times, cannot believe that now. RG has always loved his rock music and I decided fairly early on in our married life that I would either have to give in and joun him or divorce him! We have been to so many concerts together but the one that I would like again is the Bob Seger but as my taste is now! I certainly would not be bored now.

My real favourite band is an American bar band called Southside Jonnie and The Asbury Dukes. We have seen them play live about ten times, the only artist we have seen more often being Jackson Browne my absoloute favourite. The Dukes are just so much fun, a mixture of New Jersey rock and blues and I have never known why they do not have a bigger following. Southside is a big friend of Bruce, another huge favourite of RG and myself, and when they first started out were actually in the same band for a while. Their careers have certainly gone in different directions!

I have always been a big Bon Jovi fan although I have to admit that my interest has waned somewhat in recent years. However whenever I hear one of their songs on the radio I have to sing along!

It always seemed to me, CP, that Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes just fell into a middle ground, grey area that didn't fit into any radio station and so the just didn't get enough air play to attract a huge following. They aren't quite hard rock enough for classic rock, a little too pop for blues people, but not enough hooks for mainstream pop radio. But I agree,they are an excellent band, and have kept chugging away in a multitude of incarnations for 40years.

My real favourite band is an American bar band called Southside Jonnie and The Asbury Dukes. We have seen them play live about ten times, the only artist we have seen more often being Jackson Browne my absoloute favourite. The Dukes are just so much fun, a mixture of New Jersey rock and blues and I have never known why they do not have a bigger following. Southside is a big friend of Bruce, another huge favourite of RG and myself, and when they first started out were actually in the same band for a while. Their careers have certainly gone in different directions!

I've just been listening to Southside Johnny on YouTube and he's terrific!  One album ordered and on its way!

I've got several all time favourites that I love in individual tracks but not for a whole album, the Beatles and the Stones are among them, that might be because I heard the album constantly as I grew up.  The ones I go back to again and again are:

Roxy Music,

Bruce Springsteen,

Simon & Garfunkle,

Bob Segar,

Dixie Chicks

andthey aren't bands but in any all-time favourites list I'd have to put,

Elvis,

Dusty Springfield,

Neil Diamond

Edited by Viccie

Counting the votes so far and ignoring double posts and songs rather than bands.

BGO favourite bands of all time..........at this moment.

1. Pink Floyd

2..The Who  Led Zeppelin The Beatles  Bruce Springsteen  R.E.M  Depeche Mode

8.Neil Young  AC/DC  Bob Seger  Genesis  Rush  The Smiths  Moody Blues  Simon & Garfunkle

16...and on ...many bands.

Not a bad top 15 :)

Edited by Clavain
  • 7 months later...

My top 10:

Alice In Chains

Korn

Marilyn Manson (Antichrist superstar era)

Ministry

Lamb Of God

DevilDriver

Caliban

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

Pearl Jam

Ain't musical taste wonderful, It grows changes and develops. Your obviously starting your journey. Bon voyage.