Sign in to follow this  

I was never a big fan of single issues of comic book series and usually waited for the collected volumes but a few new series came out recently and I didn't want to wait for the collected volume so I signed up for Forbidden Planet's subscription service which means I sign up for a series and every month I get that month's issue sent to me. Apart from a few teething problems it has been running well and I am really enjoying having my comics in episodes.

Anyone else - solace? -  doing this?

I did this for the whole of the Sandman run. I also subscribed to Batman, Detective Comics and The Dark Knight for a year or so. It is the best way to read comics but just too expensive. Second-hand copies of collections are so much cheaper, even if I have to wait...

I signed up for some subscriptions last year with my local shop. It's a good way to keep current, but I like the look of having the collected volumes on our bookshelves. On the plus side, I managed to get my #1 issue of We Stand on Guard signed by Brian K Vaughan at one of the comic-cons I attended this year :)

I am still subscribed to a few titles just now and love getting my wee package through the mail every so often. Though the comics are piling up faster than I can get through them.

We have a pull list at the shop so pop in every so often. It's a good excuse for me to geek out with the staff for 30 minutes and for the kids to have a good browse. Got quite a few on the go now, Fight Club 2, black Magick, Descender for me and my lad has several of the new Star Wars comic series.