Small things that please you and bring a smile to your face.

There was an outdoor concert at the National Arboretum yesterday, but a sudden pretty fierce thunderstorm caught everyone halfway through.  What made me smile with sympathy and  admiration  was that every single person, audience and performers, had been issued with blue or white plastic rain gear, so they all covered up and carried on cheerfully  despite the weather.

Gosh, gh, it must have been stunning - the venue is spectacular. And good on the organisers for anticipating the weather.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching our newest dog (1 year old Kaylee) playing with Charlie, who is 8 years old - having a great old time wrestling on the rug and chasing each other around until our daughter put them out in the yard to run off some more energy before they wore a track in the rug. Their antics made me smile.

• 3 weeks later...

The lady who lives about four doors away was walking her youngsters to school and the littlest one is only about two years old and not old enough yet for school so she was pulling her along the snow on a tiny sleigh. The kiddies were all bundled up in scarves, mitts and woolly hats with pom poms on the top. She was smiling and talking to the kiddies as she walked along. It was a lovely scene and gave me a smile to start the day.:)

Edited by momac

Makes me smile just reading that, momac. Thanks.

Today I walked barefoot on thick, cool moss.

Will be a few months before we can walk barefoot anywhere so I'll just borrow your imagery Ting. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw a tiny goldfinch on the bird feeder, beautiful yellow colouring with black on his wings - the first sighting of a goldfinch at our feeder this season. Certainly brought a smile to my face. :)

Saw a tiny goldfinch on the bird feeder, beautiful yellow colouring with black on his wings - the first sighting of a goldfinch at our feeder this season. Certainly brought a smile to my face. :)

Nice one, momac.

I am discovering tiny butterflies collectively called 'blues and coppers', some no bigger than the heads of drawing pins. They have exquisite designs, and/or startling eyespots and/or tiny 'tails' on their hind wings. Magic.

Nice one, momac.

I am discovering tiny butterflies collectively called 'blues and coppers', some no bigger than the heads of drawing pins. They have exquisite designs, and/or startling eyespots and/or tiny 'tails' on their hind wings. Magic.

Sounds lovely Ting, really exotic.

Speaking of butterflies ............................ my latest book of origami is dedicated to folding butterflies, and the paper ones are just as amazing.  It certainly brought a smile to my face!

*corrected bad typing

Edited by lunababymoonchild

Another first of the season today, have just put the bug screens back in the windows so have the windows open and the scent of the first grass cutting is wafting in the window, wonderful! :)

A blackbird is nesting in my hedge, in the day when I step outside it comes down (male or female?) and got as close as 6 ft when I stand still. Maybe the meal worms are helping. Their bravery and hopping around the lawn make me smile :)

A blackbird is nesting in my hedge, in the day when I step outside it comes down (male or female?) and got as close as 6 ft when I stand still. Maybe the meal worms are helping. Their bravery and hopping around the lawn make me smile :)

Nice!

I'm doing #100daysofwellbeing as a part of the #100daysproject. Each day I am taking a photo of things that make me smile or are good for my general wellbeing. I have done 2 weeks. It's an interesting exercise, it is certainly making me more mindful. If you want to see the photos, they are here: http://fennell-books.squarespace.com/100-days-project-1/

I'm doing #100daysofwellbeing as a part of the #100daysproject. Each day I am taking a photo of things that make me smile or are good for my general wellbeing. I have done 2 weeks. It's an interesting exercise, it is certainly making me more mindful. If you want to see the photos, they are here: http://fennell-books.squarespace.com/100-days-project-1/

Super idea. Very uplifting. You live in a beautiful place, Nellie.

Tonight a first :)

Mealworms been putting out this week and got a cheeky blackbird waiting for me at 6 am. Robin and sparrows fly around but wait until I leave.

A few minutes ago I found an Hedgehog chomping away and curled when I approached to give more. Could have stroked.

Big smile for my first hedgehog on my garden :D 

What a nice thing to happen first thing in the morning, a new friend, might have been a bit prickly to stroke but maybe he'll stay around as a pet. :)  We have a couple of robins who hover around in the garden if we're planting, they like to see if the turned up soil produces some worms, they really don't seem at all frightened by humans.

Lovely smiles. Thanks. They make me smile, too.

Found this on Twitter today. Thought I'd share.

"Make a list of things that make you happy.

Make a list of things you do every day.

Compare the lists.

Adjust accordingly."