Small things that please you and bring a smile to your face.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dawn chorus very beautiful. Twice this year lovely around 5 this morning

Wish I knew the different bird call. One a few and then glorious bedlam.

A little finch/sparrow? sits on the roof next door and trills/whistles. Makes my morning :)

Me too. Up before anyone else and hearing the birds sing. Especially on a sunny morning but cheers me even on a dull/rainy morning.

Waking up a bit later than usual and knowing that if I want to have another little nap it is fine - don't have to get up to go anywhere unless I want to.

Seeing the first Spring daffodils and crocus in bloom after a long, cold winter.

- Have news from an old friend, not for a particular reason, just because he/she wants to know about me.

- See animals, especially baby ones, playing... I have a lot of fun seeing them in Internet videos or photos :lmao:

- Allow me some special meal or dessert from time to time.

Hearing mother-in-law's cat ringing at a door downstairs.

(Yes, our cat rings. My daughter has recently tied a little bell around her neck to better locate her in the house, and the cat has figured out that a loud ring brings the slave up - i.e. my daughter - to get things done. She has conveniently stopped bothering with pushing the door herself since.)

Sounds incredible, BB. I have never been there, but realise from reaction on Strictly how significant the Tower Ballroom is for dancers.

My small thing today was watching a caterpillar changing into a chrysalis. That pleased me very much and brought on a smile of pure wonder.

Sitting at our desks at work this afternoon, end of the working week and we're all a bit emotionally drained and ready for the weekend. Windows in office were open and from outside we hear a child suddenly shout BOO then she giggles loudly obviously pleased with the reaction she got to her BOO.

We all sat in silence then almost together we all burst out laughing collectively appreciating the joy in the little girls laugh.

It's great to know that people have so many pleasant things that make them smile - makes everything worth while.

Seeing Gram & Lady L's little fellow, Edgar, on a Facebook photograph, always with a big smile on his face

Watching a little girl today wander across our front yard hanging on to her umbrella getting closer to the bird feeder to have a look at the birds

Having our dog, Charlie, come and nudge my knee when I'm reading to let me know he wants to be petted and maybe get a tummy rub

Seeing photos of our daughter and her boyfriend's new kitten asleep on our daughter's lap.

Driving home from work last night and seeing all the Lillac bushes in full bloom! Ours is very nearly out as is the Wisteria surrounding our back deck. I love England in the spring.

The dawn chorus very beautiful. Twice this year lovely around 5 this morning

Wish I knew the different bird call. One a few and then glorious bedlam.

A little finch/sparrow? sits on the roof next door and trills/whistles. Makes my morning :)

Clavin, if it is trilling it is probably a wren. They are creatures to bring a smile as they make such a LOUD song for such a tiny bird.

You maybe right brightphoebus :)

Seems to have adopted a morning sing your lungs out spot

Bought some meal worms and the birds are loving them. Favourite are the blackbirds hopping around and getting brave coming close.

Edited by Clavain

A small thing that pleases me and brings a smile to my face is reading these posts about birds. People who love birds please me very much.

A small thing that would please me very much is knowing that meg is okay.

A small thing that pleases me and brings a smile to my face is reading these posts about birds. People who love birds please me very much.

Oh, our cat loves birds! Watched it mirthfully tossing one around in the garden for about ten minutes.

Oh, our cat loves birds! Watched it mirthfully tossing one around in the garden for about ten minutes.[/quote

Romanike, you have an odd sense of humour.

Here's a small thing to bring a smile to Cp's face - and hopefully a few others, too.

Happiest Little Elephant Ever pic.twitter.com/5hjX9nRlh4

What a little Sweetheart Ting. Although we saw many baby elephants at Addo I do not think that any of them were quite that small.

Guest AvidReader

a single piece of very good, very dark chocolate melting on your tongue slowly oozing soft chocolatey goodness one small trickle at a time down your throat while the rest of the bar sits waiting for you to break the next piece off.

a still sunrise where the world seems to be holding its breath waiting for the day to start and there is this expectant hush and time seems to stand still for a brief moment.

a small cool breeze playing across your body when you just about can't stand to lie in the sun a moment longer cooling the sweat on your skin making it possible for you to stay out enjoying the slow bake a little while longer

hearing that one special song you absolutely love at an unexpected moment bringing back precious memories

going to meet the one you love after a long separation and seeing them for the first time but they don't see you yet and you have a moment to appreciate the sheer joy of seeing them, refamiliarizing yourself with the shape of their head, the fall of their hair, the way they walk, and then hearing them call your name and you know they have seen you and all that remains is to run across the space that separates you into their arms