Sign in to follow this  

Hey all Book fans, I'm needing help and am looking to fellow book lovers for it,

With the rage of the digital eBook for the Nook or Kindle or even the apps on your phone and tablet that allow us to read eBooks (I have a few, but prefer the physical version better), there is still something quite relaxing and magical about the Indy bookstore. A place where you can go in and spend time browsing the shelves searching for that special treasure and experience that the online market doesn’t give you or that smiling friendly face of the staff up front who happily points you to the book you’re searching for and especially the coffee and lounge area that lets you relax after a hard days work, gives a nice break during lunch or provides a hideaway for the college exam cram session (boy do I know this one!).

eBooks will never replace a place like this no matter how popular they get and it’s sad to see that some Indy bookstores are leaving and succumbing to the online store. However, you can help to save the Indy Bookstore industry by supporting Tall Tales, LLC and backing our campaign on Indegogo! You get some awesome perks for backing us (we even have one where we name a Latte drink after you & let you design the flavor!)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tall- ... /x/5497893

Even if you don't live in the West Plains, Howell County, Missouri, USA area, any help will get us off the ground and make a big difference to our community, especially the college students. It's hard to find supporters of a new bookstore but I have a mission and determination to see this through no matter what.

It's a vital need in the community and something I hope to pass on to my kids some day. Would you consider helping? Even if it's not a financial backing, you can help by promoting the campaign on facebook, twitter, tumblr and whatever else you use, even word of mouth.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at this thread icon_smile.gif

P.S. Here's a look at one of the perks you get if you're a backer:
It's an awesome tote bag you can use to buy books or whatever you want. I'm personally ordering one just for myself because I think it's just adorable!

20131125221952-tote.png?1385446792

Why do nursing mothers need a separate area?

I suspect you already know that some people get offended by seeing a boob. Y'know, feeding a baby rather than hoicked up, in a bikini top, fake tanned, or strapped down in lace. For safety's sake.

They are very dangerous items.

Great idea. I wish you well.

Why do nursing mothers need a separate area?

Unfortunately for the area we are in, not many people are "comfortable" with seeing a nursing mom, I am a mom who nurses all my kids, I don't care if people see me feed my kids, but I want to allow a room for moms to go if they feel they just want to get away into a quiet spot, but I welcome nursing moms to the store. Plan to have a little sticker sign like WIC does about breastfeeding welcome.

Thanks for the well wishes, if anyone can help out in any way that would be awesome, even if it's promoting the campaign, every little bit helps. It's something that's really needed in my area and especially for the College students.

Sorry if I came across as a bit rude.

It's a shame that you have to pander to people's comfort. Having said that if nursing mothers feel more comfortable in private...

Great idea about the sign.

Especially when they're loaded.

I suspect you already know that some people get offended by seeing a boob. Y'know, feeding a baby rather than hoicked up, in a bikini top, fake tanned, or strapped down in lace. For safety's sake.

LOL! It's unfortunate that this is the way that things are viewed, not as a gift to give our kids, no let's just shove cement...ahem I mean, formula, down them instead of the better more nutritious milk God has given us to make. I am very anti-formula if it's a choice matter, emergencies or circumstances I understand, but I still would go goats milk over formula...ick.  I was formula fed and have digestive issues.

Sorry if I came across as a bit rude.

It's a shame that you have to pander to people's comfort. Having said that if nursing mothers feel more comfortable in private...

Great idea about the sign.

No you didn't come across rude at all, I understand why you asked the question, lol.

LOL! It's unfortunate that this is the way that things are viewed, not as a gift to give our kids, no let's just shove cement...ahem I mean, formula, down them instead of the better more nutritious milk God has given us to make. I am very anti-formula if it's a choice matter, emergencies or circumstances I understand, but I still would go goats milk over formula...ick.  I was formula fed and have digestive issues.

Wow. I am anti-breast actually. But that discussion will derail this thread. Alas.

Wow. I am anti-breast actually. But that discussion will derail this thread. Alas.

Well each to their own really, I guess it just depends on personal point of views, either way, I just would like to offer this in our community because there's really no calm area away from people available if a Mom wants to go there, and again, I have no problems with mother's breast feeding their children in public. I wear a wrap and wrap my babies up and just go about my business letting them eat at will, though I do have modesty and cover myself for privacy as well, I don't let things just hang out lol.

It's amazing how attitudes have changed since our kids were small. Nursing was a private matter and really wasn't talked about much.  I think with all the ads of women showing a lot of cleavage the emphasis of breasts seems to be more to do with sexual attraction now than food for babies.  It really is a different world.

Too true. Just you wait Tag - not long now.

All the best with your venture, TallTales.

Too true. Just you wait Tag - not long now.

Tagesmann, I owe you an apology. Sorry.

For some strange reason when I read your name I confused it with 'Grammath' and this was a reference to his baby being due soon. It's now nine days later, and this evening, while in the middle of a phone conversation with my daughter, about her breastfeeding her baby (not even thinking about BGO) I suddenly realised the mix-up I'd made.

. . . unless, of course, you do have something to tell us!