Great news to start the New Year with / with which to start the New Year ;)

Like the way you are being careful in case the grammar police are waiting to pounce although I think you're perfectly safe here among friends. lol

Like the way you are being careful in case the grammar police are waiting to pounce although I think you're perfectly safe here among friends. lol

I wouldn't be sure about that... and the passing of time doesn't improve me... :grumble:   :rant:

Wishing you a happy and healthier 2014, David. Missing you very much.

Edited by jfp

I wouldn't be sure about that... and the passing of time doesn't improve me... :grumble:   :rant:

:lol:  Didn't realize there was anyone lurking in the wings.   Oops!

:lol:  Didn't realize there was anyone lurking in the wings.   Oops!

Thanks for making me laugh :clap: However, you can't be too careful Momac :ph34r:.

Hazel,

I know no news is supposed to be good news, but it hasn't always been the case over the last three months, so have you had any news of David since NY Eve?

Hazel,

I know no news is supposed to be good news, but it hasn't always been the case over the last three months, so have you had any news of David since NY Eve?

Must admit I'm a little anxious too. Is there any news?

I feel the same way but don't like to hassle Hazel.  Certainly hope he's well on the mend by now.  Looking forward to that first post from him on the forum.  :)

Hello everyone. Don't get your hopes up - this is a one-off. My hospital tv unit provides for internet access, but the download speed and terrible interface make it a waste of money. I will be in hospital for a while yet, but I am definitely much improved. Thank you for all your kind words, lovely cards and especially my Kindle! I can't tell you how touched I was by all of these. Thanks to Hazel for all her caring work. Take care, everyone, and I hope to be back with you properly before too much longer.

I am definitely much improved.

:banana::festive::flowers::dance::arms:

I won't post the beer-chug smiley, as I doubt you are allowed any booze - but these celebratory ones only demonstrate a smidgeon of the joy I'm feeling right now.

Just this one post is beyond anything I dared hope a couple of months back, so don't you tell me not to get my hopes up!

Onward and upward!

From two relative newcomers to BGO we have been aware of your lengthy hospital stay through the messages and threads.  We can only say that, with the depth of concern and feeling towards you from the members of BGO, you are, and have been, seriously doing something right with this forum, such is the obvious esteem and affection you generate.  After just a couple of months or so we would really miss this site, there are some terrific people out there.

So our very best wishes for a speedy recovery and we hope that your stay in hospital ends soon.

Ragamuffin Gunner and Cherrypie

:banana::arms:  :festive:

So wonderful to see your post David, it has put a smile on my face and started my day off with great feelings.  I'm delighted that you're on your way to better health.  We've all been worried about you but Hazel has done a wonderful job of keeping us in the loop.  I hope the time when you can say goodbye to the hospital in good health is soon.  Sending good wishes for your continued improvement and a big 'hooray' for the best news I've heard for a while together with a very gentle cyber hug.   :)  

This is the most terrific news David.  So wonderful to see your words and know you are on the road to recovery and full health.  This has been the best news I've had for weeks.  :festive::arms:

:arms: :arms: 

Oh, and... :flowers:

And :drive: : keep on keeping on!

jfp (There were more emoticons originally... I got told off for being excessively delighted...)

Yea! I just phoned David a moment ago and he asked 'have you seen BGO?'. I said no, and as he had a friend with him in the hospital, I rang off and came on to see what had happened. I am so pleased that David managed to get a brief message on here. I will be phoning him back at 7 so will be able to give you more news from him but that is absolutely lovely to see his name pop up again! Yea!

What a wonderful post.  It certainly made my morning.  So glad you are doing better, David, and look forward to your continued progress!  I'll even post an emoticon or 3. :banana:  :arms:  :dance:

Wow. Didn't realise I'd been holding my breath for so long. Welcome back ba David. :notworthy:clap::D

Edited by Ting Mikyunyu

In my excitement I forgot to thank Hazel for all she has done.  So, Hazel, my sincerest thanks to you for being on the frontline in all of this.