That was a lovely tribute Angel, thanks for posting.  Yes, still very much missed on this site and I'm sorry to hear that Momo has only just heard and isn't a regular any more.  I knew her briefly and would like to know her again.

Oh how strange - this morning I received an email from Momo  (older BGO members will remember her)  expressing sorrow at the death of David. She had only just discovered the news in an email from me, sent to a little used account.

That, and the lovely tribute you've linked to from his friends David & Joy, have brought a tear to my eye this morning. David is still very much missed.

I felt tearful too. It was an unexpected gift to feel his presence again.

Gosh, that was lovely. I keep in touch with David's mum - she recently sent all David's PS3 games to me for the boys which is nice to know they are still being played as much as David played them. She is, of course, very lonely without David but seems to have the strength that I couldn't imagine having in similiar circumstances.

I recently was up in Skye and thought of David a lot because I spoke to him so much about my love for the island that he wanted to visit it one day. I always sent him postcards and a memento of each trip up there. This was the first visit that I didn't need to do that ritual and it hurt. Gosh.

Angel, I somehow missed your post about the tribute to David and also about you beginning the copywriting course. Have just been reading about both and I  thought the tribute was lovely and do appreciate the link, thank you.  The coincidence is special as well, many good wishes for your success and enjoyment.

Hello

I have only just found out about the sad loss of David and I felt compelled to come back and add my tribute to him.  I have read through the comments here and the thing that shines through in all of them was that everyone loved David, he was respected and loved by everyone on this site.  I have been a very sporadic poster and I haven't been around for a couple of years or so due to various things which have been going on, and before that things were a bit hit and miss but when I did make an appearance David was always one of the first to genuinely and kindly welcome me back.  When I virtually opened my big tactless gob a few times and over reacted to situations, David was always the one who assured me I had done nothing wrong and done nothing to be ashamed of or to apologise for and even went as far as to say that my contributions were worth something, I didn't know him personally, but I always got the vibe from him that he was a good man, who was scrupulously fair, kind, generous and respected everyone's point of view. To put it simply I liked him a lot.

My very belated thoughts go to his family and real life friends.

Edited by Apple

Hello Apple - good to see you on here - someone mentioned that you hadn't been around for a while. Hope you stay around. :)

Wonderful to see you again Apple.  Hope we see lots more of you now.

I don't think any of us will ever get over the loss of David.  When I occasionally trip over one of his comments I feel as if he is still with us.  Even reading your lovely words today made me emotional all over again. 

I've just logged onto this site for the first time in well over a year and can't believe the news about David and find myself in tears and somewhat shocked by that fact. It is of course by now old news for you guys although still keenly felt I'm sure. My condolences to all,particularly Hazel. I wish I could think of the right words, but what could I add that hasn't already been said so eloquently. The world has lost a true gentleman :(

So pleased to see you back Squirls, but sorry that you had to come back to such distressing news.

Yes, David is still missed, and I for one have shed another tear today.

I hope you will be back again soon.

Like Squirls, it's been a very long time since I've visited BGO and have only just seen this. I am so very, very saddened and sorry to read this thread. David was such a big part of BGO, not just his contributions on the boards but the support he gave us in he early days when he became a moderator.

This time of year is one for reflection and I now intend to read back through some of my favourite old threads, so many of which David commented on, and enjoy his humour and insights.

Much love to all BGO members and David's friends and family. xxx

As others above, I have returned after a long absence. I didn't post much but remember David welcoming me warmly. It says a lot that when trying to recall the name of this forum, it was his name that was easier to recall. Reading through the tributes above, it is clear what a wonderful soul he had to touch so many through this site.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends x x x

I too have only just found this thread. It is terribly sad news. David seemed like such a lovely person. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.