I know one or two have noticed that David hasn't been around for a week or so, and have been wondering why.

You've probably also been wondering about the mysterious post by Davidmcc33 that appeared this morning.

I got in contact with him, and he turned out to be a colleague and friend of 'our' David, and the information he wanted to discuss is that David is unwell.

I don't know what he is suffering from but he will be away for a while longer, and the moderating team will keep the board going as best we can. Stuart, who is the board host has been told and is giving us his support.

The good news is that David's mother is well at the moment. I hope to be able report the same of David before too long.

Thank you.  I have been wondering about that and had hoped nothing was wrong.  I'm sorry to hear that David is unwell and hope to have him back with us soon.

Thank you.  I have been wondering about that and had hoped nothing was wrong.  I'm sorry to hear that David is unwell and hope to have him back with us soon.

I do hope that David gets well soon - good thoughts and wishes for his return to health. Glad to hear that his mother is well.

If anyone would like to send David a card or message, please PM me and I'll give you my address. I will be sending wishes and a card to his mother. I think it would mean a lot to her if she knew we were all thinking of him.

From Grasshoppper and Ting Mikyunyu

Thank you for passing on the news about David, meg and also it is good to know that his mother is well. Hopefully David will be back with us before too long.

Yes, I was wondering about David so wish him a return to good health and to see him on the site again in the near future.

thank you meg for posting this.

i hope david is better soon

My thoughts are with you David and I pray that you are soon feeling stronger. You are missed greatly on BGO, but the important thing is that you get properly better.

(Thanks Meg, Hazel and David's friend. If David doesn't have access to our messages online are you able to copy those to him, Hazel, or should we still be PMing you?)

I will print off this thread to send to David with the big bunch of cards that I have already received from you all. Thank you so much for them, I will be bundling them up and sending them south on Monday. I haven't opened any of them so I can't tell you if your card has been received but I can say that one came all the way from Canada. It will mean so much to David and his Mum that so many people are thinking of him. X

Thank you so much for them, I will be bundling them up and sending them south on Monday.

Eek! I haven't posted mine yet - I will do so today, so please wait for me if possible!

I'll add my very best wishes to David and his mum and my thanks to Hazel for sending the cards etc down south for us. I hope it won't be long before David and his mum reach good health.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

A little update. David is doing better, enough for me to phone him tomorrow and have a wee chat. His friends took all of our cards to him yesterday and the print-out of the threads wishing him well and he was overwhelmed with everyone's words and cards - so thank you very much for that. I will let you know further when I have spoken to him. X

That's really good news - hope he continue to improve quickly so that he's able to come back to the forum. He is missed a lot,

So glad to hear that, Hazel.  Did my card arrive yet?  Based on my experience sending cards to my friends, it'll probably arrive about Christmastime, but I am hopeful that it might make it slightly earlier.  Anyway, give David our best when you talk to him.