Sign in to follow this  
Cathy

Fans of Big Brother only!!!

To move on...(by the way it would be nice if RR could just say a straight sorry for once instead of making some little remark to undo any apology he might have tried to do an impression of making)

There is an additional BB programme on Wednesday at 8pm... Hmm... I wonder what that could be!

Will it be Craig or Kinga out first?! Its a tough one to call. I reckon Anthony deserves a break from his stalker though!

Whether one or the other is considered PC these days is actually of very little concern to me. If the word 'coloured' worries you or anybody else of whatever race, in any way, I can only feel a little sorry for you.

Okay, I seem to have touched a raw nerve (again). First of all, I only realised afterward that it was you, RR, who had said it (mainly because I was skimming the thread, and given that you supposedly detest the show, didn't think for one second you would be contributing to a thread called 'Fans of Big Brother only'...)

I'm sorry you've taken such offence, and there was no inference of racism on my part - I just found the term a little archaic. What I would suggest though is that you don't confuse enlightenment with tiresome Nineties concepts like 'PC/un-PC'. (Don't forget, only a relatively short while back it was apparently considered okay to use the 'N' word - remember the story of the 'ten little boys'?) So, if a person of any race finds an expression describing something as basic as his colour to be offensive, then I think that he has the right to try and stamp it out. What you personally find 'preferable' is neither here nor there, I'm afraid.

Anyway - do carry on, BB fans...

Deino, have I given the impression of being offended? Somewhat irritated would sum it up better I think.

I live my life and conduct myself on the basis that all people are equal, deserving of equal rights (except those who watch BB of course), and have no reason to doubt my own attitudes.

That's all I can say, except now that I have been made aware that "black" is the preferred word, that is the word I shall be using.

Well, your response very much suggested that you had taken offence, that's all. I was just making a point, not trying to stir anything up.

Anyway - Big Brother time! Can people (both in and out of the BB house) start disliking that little sh*t Craig, please? I'm very fearful that this pathetic, spoilt, small-minded nobody is actually going to win the thing. How he dare tell inmates like Makosi/Derek/Kemal etc what a "struggle" he's had in his (extremely secure and middle class by all accounts) life, or describe Eugene as a "half-wit/simpleton" when he can barely string two words together without saying 'f*ck' for no reason, I will never know. And how Anthony keeps going back to him after all the meaningless tantrums he throws is utterly beyond me as well...

Grrr - that guy bugs me so much!! Get...him...out!

But you don't know what he's been through!!! :D:D

Couldn't agree more, he is not only annoying, he's disturbing!

Surely he has absolutely no chance of winning, its just debatable if it will be him or Kinga out first!

"At the end of the day," I would say Craig is pure evil, but he's probably too lost and wretched to be that. To resist grabbing his head and smashing it repeatedly on a nearby bit of concrete shows great patience on Anthony's part. My favourite bits are when he gets v stressed and lapses into the most extreme, backward form of Norfolk Farmerspeak. Does he really thinking that talking constantly about his fascination with men's "bits" and how much he likes to "receive" doesn't represent "coming out"? He may not have been the most despicable housemate person in the house this year (that would have to be either Sakia or Maxwell) but I think he's the most self-obsessed (some feat this year!) and represents the biggest chasm between self-image and the way the world truly sees him...

Amen to that. The sad fact is that Craig'll get so much post-BB attention from the screaming hordes who somehow think this charmless d*ckweed represents some kind of 'drama queen' (alongside 'diva' surely one of the most consistently misused terms in the English language?), that he'll leave the house having learned nothing about either himself nor anyone else. But who cares, ultimately...

Much as I can't stand Craig I am beginning to get quite worried about how he is going to react when he gets out of that house.

I think someone said earlier that he had the potential to be a killer and to be frank - it wouldn't surprise me. His behavior towards Anthony is deplorable.

I am a newcomer to BB only having watched this series and a bit of the last and I have been struck by the cruel phychological games that get played on the housemates both by other housemates and BB. While I don't think any of the other housemates will be seriously damaged by this I do think that Craig has the potential to be seriously unhinged.

Anthony has coped well with Craig's advances so far but it remains to be seen how he will react when he realises the full extent of what went on.

........as for Eugene, I was glad to see that he has pulled himself back to being a complete geek and utterly nice guy.

Do you think they will play back Craig saying he loved Anthony to Derek, when Anthony is evicted? He will be so freaked out, I can't imagine he will stay friends with Craig after that! It will be uncomfortable watching him being uncomfortable watching Craig!

Eugene said the nicest thing all series last night, when Kinga told him the others laugh at him for saying thank you too much he said 'I'd rather be known for saying thank you than **** off'. Amen to that!

I'm looking forward to Craig being shown that bit with Derek too. Obviously, it would be lovely to see his distorted view of himself crumble, but then again, maybe they shouldn't be too harsh. Cromer's not all that far from me and I wouldn't want him to go on a killing spree.

I watched last night's exchanges between Eugene and Kinga through my hands. It's like he missed out on something that most of us learned about social interaction when were about 15, but he's genuinely decent. What is someone that innocent doing in the house?

What is someone that innocent doing in the house?

What made Eugene want to be in the house in the first place!? He just seems sooo out of place. He looks like a frightened rabbit half the time.

It will be nice watching Craig squirm as he watches himself look like 'a total p***k' - to quote his 'best mate'.

:eek: I missed last night's programme because i went out :eek: so you'll have to fill me in on what I missed!

Apparently Eugene is the new favourite to win!!!! yey!!!!!

Last night's episode wasn't the most thrilling. The housemates put on The Big Brother Play, which was pretty cringe-inducing, and involved them re-enacting previous arguments between housemates (all of which they could remember surprisingly well). Craig seems to be making a small amount of effort to be less of a histrionic stalker psycho. Best bit was when Big Brother gave the housemates alcohol without telling them it was non-alcoholic: the results told us more about Kinga than we probably wanted to know. She harassed Eugene about his sex life and seemed confused when nobody thought it was funny when she filled a condom with water. She really is a desperately lost person.

I'm still on Kinga's side - just. She's only nineteen after all, and she does seem to have a genuine warmth that none of the others (bar Eugene, in his weird kind of way) could muster if they bought a job lot of convector heaters. I agree the 'faux-drunkenness' didn't make for great TV, though.

As didn't that awful 'play'. Isn't it bad enough that they argue about nothing all the bloody time anyway, without re-enacting it as though it's anything of which to be proud? (The fact that none of them seemed to know what a 'genre' is speaks volumes, too.)

(Judging by the stuff in the papers, I see my suspicions about the increasingly tedious Makosi seem to be valid as well...)

Yeah, age (or lack of it) really is the only excuse for so many of them.

The genre bit was hilarious - not so much the fact that one of them got it wrong, but that ALL of them did. I also like the way that (perhaps because of Derek's presence) a lot of them have started using words that don't seem to chime with the rest of their vocabulary. When one of them - Anthony, I think - said "malicious", it seemed that everyone else was saying "malicious" every ten minutes for the next couple of days. They have also invented some new words. What do "superlicious" and "engraded" mean?

And why am I not surprised that Craig says "pacifically" when he means "specifically"?

Well, quite. That and his constant 'could of', 'would of' etc.

When I first heard the supposedly intelligent Makosi say 'superlicious' I assumed she mistakenly meant 'supercilious'. Now, of course I realise that she'd never know such a word. (What's the context of 'engraded'?)

I think not having heard of John Wayne was the strangest one of her revelations so far. Please don't let her win..!

I think not having heard of John Wayne was the strangest one of her revelations so far. Please don't let her win..!

A few months ago we had a 'cowboy day' at work to celebrate the centenary of John Wayne's birth. I was asked 'Who is John Wayne?' by younger members of staff. I'm afraid Makosi isn't alone!

Well, quite. That and his constant 'could of', 'would of' etc.

Sadly the 'would of', 'could of', ' should of' is all too common in everyday speech these days, I have fought it in my sons for years.

When I first heard the supposedly intelligent Makosi say 'superlicious' I assumed she mistakenly meant 'supercilious'.

It is possible that 'superlicious' is a word used in circles you don't inhabit, Deino, something of the same ilk as 'bootylicious'?

Depends on the context of course, and as I don't watch it. I didn't hear it.

(Judging by the stuff in the papers, I see my suspicions about the increasingly tedious Makosi seem to be valid as well...)

:eek: I know, I still can't see though what she has really done that made it necessary for C4 to put her in. Maybe they are so desperately short of contestants they are resorting to paying people!

I hope Eugene still wins even though he took the £50 000. Anthony is so dim, how long did it take for him to grasp that Eugene didn't kmow he could have doubled the money?!?!?! There is nothing going on inside Anthony's head, he really doesn't deserve to win! Eugene would benefit so much more, he can host kids science programmes or quiz shows!!! he can be a stand in for that other science presenter who does the Tax Return adverts... If Anthony wins we might be subjected to more cheesy 70s dancing...I can also see Anthony signing up for any third rate 'celebrity' programme going, including Celebrity Love Island and I'm a Celebrity... I suppose at least that way he's easily ignored... anyway... vote for Eugene!!!

I can't wait for the series to be over now to be honest, its going to be nice to be free of my TV after tonight!!! Yey!

I too am looking forward to it all ending tonight.

I also find now that I desperately want Eugene to win. It would serve the 13 idiots who went into that house first of all right if one of the replacements won. A searing and savage indictment not only of them, but of Endemol/C4's selection policies.

I don't hate many people, but there were a number of people in there I have genuinely felt hatred for. They are:

Craig

Derek

Lesley

Saskia

Maxwell

As for the most of the rest, I settled on contempt.

Eugene is the only genuine person out of the 16 who have been in there at one time or another. For that alone, he deserves to win. End of.

So as BB approaches its denouement you all seem to be feeling a sense of anger, frustration and disillusionment about the "people", the selection process, the programme itself. I even detect that you are feeling a little dirty having seen it through this far.

Do you think you will be able to resist the next series?

But, Royal Rother, feeling dirty can feel so GOOD.

As far as Eugene as science prog presenter goes, it's a shame there's already one Jon Tickle (from BB4).

I definitely don't think Makosi was using superlicious in a bootylicious-type context: I think Derek had said supercilious at some point and she'd taken that and limped with it. I think Craig said "I feel engraded" in the diary room, but I forget the context... he was being stupendously pleased with himself, whatever it was.

The John Wayne thing was shocking but hasn't Makosi only been living in the Western World for a few years? I think it's slightly more forgivable than Saskia thinking that WWII started in 1966.

Only a couple of months until Celebrity BB. Hurray!

Bloody hell, did Crass-kia (see what I did??) honestly say that?

I agree with Bill's 'hate' list - apart from Derek who, despite being a yucky Tory-type, at least brought some grasp of the English language into the house. And was certainly no worse than, say, Vanessa or Makosi when it came to backbiting. He just did it a lot better.

I'd create a secondary list of Makosi and Science, if it were me. I'm sure the latter's probably a lot more digestible outside the house, but the former has such a deluded vision of her own very limited intelligence/presence that she really must not win this. (Let's hope the tabloid conjecture has knocked her down a few Dow Jones points...)