Sign in to follow this  
belinda

Big Brother

Aside from all this meta-discussion about discussing Big Brother... I don't understand why people say Makosi is a mole, is there evidence in some of the newspapers or websites? Or is that just your feeling? I think she might be pretending to be a mole just to freak out Kemal. Funny how they never broadcast the actual discussions about her being a mole/not a mole, just Kemal talking about it...

Just a theory I've held since day one.

She was far too quick and confident in taking on board that 'get yourself nominated' task on the first night - in the manner of an amateur actor rather than a supposed 'nurse'. These were people she'd literally only just met, don't forget. What would have happened had someone else gone to the Diary Room ahead of her? The ruse mightn't have worked at all - so I maintain she's been 'primed' by C4, at the very least...

And her behaviour since has done little to persuade me otherwise. But C4 will never admit this - it'd diminish the show even further. So the theory's nice and secure!

And Kemal I think did it just so Vanessa wouldn't be voted out unanimously! Yeah I felt sorry for her too actually. Big Brother should feel ashamed of themselves! But still, great tv.....

Thing is, they're all so fake in there, what difference would it make to be a mole anyway? I have a feeling she is crazy enough to make up a story to Kemal, and Kemal loves the most dramatic version of everything, e.g. the day he was a bit down was 'a diva style break down'. I don't know... the thing I can't figure out about Makosi is if her afro is a wig, why do we never see under the wig? Doesn't she ever get itchy under there? And surely her real hair is getting longer and more afro like, so will the wig eventually lift right off her head?

Also on hair, is Kemal actually turning into Tina Turner?

I just watched tonight's programme, loving the innuendo with Anthony on his date with a male Big Brother... sorry to go on, i can't stand him but at the same time find him fascinating! I watched the Friday eviction with my mum who hasn't watched any of the series so far, when Craig and Anthony appeared on screen she said 'are they supposed to be gay?', which I take as confirmation that the only person who doesn't know Anthony is gay is Anthony. Though I don't know what being 'supposed' to be gay means...

And Eugene has to win, with his 'hello i'm moley' voice... I love how the other housemates eyes glaze over when he talks, they must think they're so much more popular but they're really boring anyway, at least Eugene is his own bizarre self!

Thing is, they're all so fake in there, what difference would it make to be a mole anyway?

Probably not much. But I do think Big Brother would be a far more interesting experiment with one or two real people in it - fewer 'pretty airheads' would certainly make it better, anyway...

Surely the last thing they will do is put "proper" people in BB? Who wants to watch normal people?

It only works (for those voyeurs with something lacking in their lives) because the participants are such a bunch of inadequates.

Surely the last thing they will do is put "proper" people in BB? Who wants to watch normal people?

It only works (for those voyeurs with something lacking in their lives) because the participants are such a bunch of inadequates.

If you don't watch it how do you know they're inadequates? Or are you just taking on the opinion of the other people in the forum without deciding for yourself? :confused:

I'm sorry, I have to WATCH the programme to be able to express an opinion about it? Reading about it isn't enough??? :eek:

You don't have to read about it either, but you seem to find it hard to avoid this thread... if this was a thread about a book, even one you didn't like, would you keep coming back to make the same 'change the record' complaint about it? I seem to remember having constructive conversations elsewhere in the BGO in the far and distant past...

Come on Seraphina, lets stomp away together in the style of Makosi and Kemal having a diva moment!

I'm sorry, I have to WATCH the programme to be able to express an opinion about it? Reading about it isn't enough??? :eek:

No, actually, it isn't, seeing as it's a TV programme which is something you watch. Unless you're in the habit of taking on other peoples opinions and passing them off as your own, in which case fine, but that's rather pathetic in my view. Personally I don't see how you can expect anyone to take your opinion as valid when it's not even an informed opinion.

And RO makes a good point when she asks why you keep coming back to the thread when you have no interest in what we're discussing. What effect does it have other than to make you feel superior that you aren't watching it? It's quite sad that some people have to keep putting others down in order to feel better about themselves.

Sorry if this offends anyone, I'm not normally so bitchy but I'm in a bad mood and RR has been p*ssing me off for days! (Diva style moment coming up RO!)

Damn! Wish I'd be come to this discussion a bit earlier...

Orlaith: I thought Dermot O'Leary was spot on when he said she treat her breasts as if they're not actually hers, just some intriguing pieces of fruit that happened to have been attached to her.

Makosi: Was great, but the sessions with Vanessa in the bitching loft last week did her no favours.

Craig: If I hear him squeal or say "Baby Britney" one more time, I will drive up to Cromer and go on a chainsaw massacre.

Anthony: Like every simple northern bloke I've ever met who thinks he's good at dancing because he has mastered four moves.

Kemal: Turning into Tina Turner? Turning into Prince, more like. I hope he wins.

Derek: Could make me vote Tory if I'm not careful. I hope he wins.

Science: Ebbs and flows from the worst kind of rap stereotype to shouty random brilliance. I hope he wins.

Eugene: Unbearable to watch. David Brent without the breaks in life.

In summary: best BB ever, but doesn't it always tail off a bit at this stage, now the biggest idiots have been evicted?

Romance Obsessed and Seraphina - excellent! I knew it would come out eventually if I kept nudging away!.

Seriously though, you are taking me WAY too seriously, but it is rather funny to see the reactions.

I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion about the programme but I do think it's an utter waste of air time and that it is a terrible shame that so many otherwise intelligent people, who mostly admit that it's an abomination, have become addicted to it.

Do you not think that your responses to me add a welcome new dimension to BGO? I do. Cosiness and similar outlooks and responses on all subjects is too comfortable and ultimately results in defections. A discussion board needs a bit of passion to keep it really interesting!

Keep 'em coming I say! (Just don't get too offensive - I might cry.)

Romance Obsessed and Seraphina - excellent! I knew it would come out eventually if I kept nudging away!.

Do you not think that your responses to me add a welcome new dimension to BGO? I do. Cosiness and similar outlooks and responses on all subjects is too comfortable and ultimately results in defections. A discussion board needs a bit of passion to keep it really interesting!

Keep 'em coming I say! (Just don't get too offensive - I might cry.)[/quote

Royal Rother - I out you ...... you are the MOLE on the BGO bulletin board.

(Also would like to thank you for being so contentious and sticking by your guns)

Also whilst in the fever of conspiracy theory have a feeling that there are some people who are working hard to keep this strand oput of the way ..........

That A-Z strand seems strangely opportunistic ............. (can't do emoticons yet)

Note: this does not apply to conversations about the popular musician Philip Collins, nor does it affect your statutory rights. Conversations may go up as well as down.

(RR - your attempts to become BGO-Badboy are admirable - but how d'you expect anyone to take seriously the opinions of someone who openly admits to liking Whitney Houston? :rolleyes: )

RR - your attempts to become BGO-Badboy are admirable - but how d'you expect anyone to take seriously the opinions of someone who openly admits to liking Whitney Houston? :rolleyes:

:eek::D:D

Why thank you, but I only really like the "I Will Always Love You" of her stuff - haven't got any of her albums or singles though!! Yet.

Phil Collins would have been an easier target surely.... ;) Too obvious maybe?

I am setting up an new thread FOR FANS of Big Brother, RR can stay in this one and grumble on is own, safe in the knowledge that his life is obviously more fulfilled and worthy, as he has clearly shown by only having A FEW HOURS A DAY to write about a programme he doesn't even watch.

Byeeee

I am setting up an new thread FOR FANS of Big Brother, RR can stay in this one and grumble on is own, safe in the knowledge that his life is obviously more fulfilled and worthy, as he has clearly shown by only having A FEW HOURS A DAY to write about a programme he doesn't even watch.

Byeeee

Oh please don't - I love RR he is the Scient of this thread.