Vanessa to go!!!!!!

Is she THE most boring housemate ever?!?!?

Discuss.

Actually don't discuss, she's too boring. GET HER OUT!!!!

You know what, she's so boring I forgot all about her... she isn't going to win, she could so easily end up there right till the end as she doesn't cause conflict in the house. She's such a sucker for Makosi's plotting, she'll bitch about anyone.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How ironic that this is one of the most successful threads I've ever seen on this site...

So much for all the highbrow readers on here!

Depends if you measure success in terms of the number of posts. ;)

I have little doubt that Vanessa will receive the most votes from the thumb-happy teenage girls who do most of the voting, but it all depends who comes second. If it is one of the more controversial characters, then the housemates might vote to keep the one who causes least trouble.

Sadly you're probably right about Vanessa. It's her voice that annoys me! She constantly sounds as if she's got a blocked nose (ok prob not her fault, but no less annoying) and all she ever does is bitch. ALthough that could be said for all of them. But Vanessa is so two faced, she bitches about whoever everyone else is bitching about then hugs them when they come into the room. raaa!

Orlaith is similarly annoying. Her only topic of conversation is her breasts or bitching. Plus does anyone actually think she's pretty?! Or at least as pretty as she thinks she is.... :P

Orlaith is similarly annoying. Her only topic of conversation is her breasts or bitching. Plus does anyone actually think she's pretty?! Or at least as pretty as she thinks she is.... :P

Her nipples are unnatural!! Or is it just very cold in there?!

Haven't you seen her tweaking to make sure they're standing upright?

:eek: That is definitely unnatural. She definitely touches her own boobs more than is normal!

Eugene to win! Anecdote of the day is great!

How ironic that this is one of the most successful threads I've ever seen on this site...

So much for all the highbrow readers on here!

About to make a sweeping generalisation …. (but I like the idea of being high brow strange how it sounds better than mono-brow but I digress)

One of the things I have found about people who read widely is that they are hugely interested in people (high tendency to gossip and celebrate the absurd) and analyse how different people react to different situations.

Often it is irrelevant whether the character is real or fictional. Just look at some of the threads on BOL along the lines of ‘who is your favourite character’.

Big Brother is just another example of this curiosity (nosiness) of ours. Plus BB is watched for lots of us at the same time and the same pace.

I fondly imagine we’d be just the same if a similar number of us read the same book at the same pace at the same time

I think Seraphina makes a good comment about the community aspect too, i'm really missing all my friends living nearby as they did when i was a student. Its something lots of us just have to get used to, but i was reading an article about twins who don't like being apart last night and it struck me that the normal situation in 'olden times' would be to have all your friends living nearby, in the same village, and not 100 miles away. We're living in a disintigrating society... sorry, must be sounding depressed again! virtual communities, reality TV, its all interconnected somehow.

I love how the public have taken control of this series, any other series Saskia's manipulation would have probably worked but the audience saw right through it which is why we have such an odd mix of people in there right now. Its ours, not theirs, really.

Does anyone else find it strange that they reassure each other all the time about their eviction being 'their night'? Kind of like calculator heaven(red dwarf) or claw worship(toy story 2)?

Look, I know you haven't mastered the quote facility on the Board, but as that's in quote marks, is it a quote Deino? If so, who from?

*Reels from stinging sarcastic wit!*

The quote marks - since you insist that's what they are - were utilised to denote 'irony', RR. Do I have to spell everything out on here? :rolleyes: Oh, I do, okay. The intention was to suggest in a lighthearted way that I find hypocrisy rather laughable. Sorry it didn't come across, but hey, they can't all be winners, can they? (Oh and I don't use the quote facility on here, because I don't like it. It uses too much space.) Anyway, 'Godspeed' and all that...

Note to self: Use even more winks.

It's bleedin' laughable how many reasons you guys can come up with to somehow justify watching BB.

Some real corkers in here.

I am not saying you are wrong to watch it, or that I consider myself superior because I don't watch it, I simply believe that (as I said in my first post on the subject) something must be missing from your lives that is in mine. But I don't know what it is of course.

I acknowledge that there will be many examples of things I do, that you don't, that would illustrate a vice versa situation, so I assure you I am casting no judgement on you.

I generally know what is lacking in my life that results in my bad habits, so, as you guys almost unanimously agree it is a crap thing to be watching, do any of you know what causes you to become addicted to it?

If it is of any help, I personally think you are all simply voyeurs, waiting for something titillating to happen, be it a fight, a sexual relationship, a shocking revelation etc., and that you attracted to the power that BB has over their lives.

There you go, a bunch of voyeurs and wannabe control freaks.

I am not saying you are wrong to watch it, or that I consider myself superior because I don't watch it, I simply believe that (as I said in my first post on the subject) something must be missing from your lives that is in mine.

Er... and that's not casting a judgement?!

Also, can't speak for anyone else here but I am not seeking to justify watching it to anyone, we're just sharing a common interest here, thanks a bunch.

Isn't this part of the reason why we all enjoy reading?

Interesting point.

In books though, something interesting, titillating, exciting does happen, and you generally don't have to read for hours on end waiting for it. (I've not read "War and Peace" though.)

RO, you might be right, but to me, being judgmental means judging harshly. I don't think my tone was harsh, and neither was my meaning, as hopefully can be seen from the rest of my post.

Sherman McCoy said:

Yet he wants anyone who reads HP6 publicly flogged! ;)

Hmm, I noticed that too... RR, maybe it was something in your tone, but I think it was words like 'something must be missing from your lives' and 'you are all simply voyeurs'... we can all discuss the pros and cons of BB, but making big generalisations about the people you are discussing with it is not really the place to start! It is just a TV programme, can you really make judgements about a person's life or character from what they watch on TV for an hour a day? Can we just get back to discussing BB in a friendly way, this thread is starting to remind me why Science should probably be evicted...

You're right, you're right, let's stop all the fussin' and a fightin'.

Here's my opinion on the BB lot:

Anthony - a personality vacuum

Craig - potential serial killer

Derek - entertaining, strange

Kemal - funny, but the joke is wearing thin

Orlaigh - vain, dull

Eugene - is he autistic? I'm not sure he should be in there

Vanessa - makes Anthony seem interesting in comparison

Makosi - thought she was pretty cool, but is actually just a drama queen

Science - a true eccentric

Hmmm...wonder what key element could be missing from my life? A Phil Collins collection?

But seriously, I doubt I've ever met another individual that didn't have something missing from his/her life. Has anyone? I can honestly say that I wouldn't particularly want to, either - that person would likely have little to offer and probably be excessively smug into the bargain...

Plus does anyone actually think she's pretty?! Or at least as pretty as she thinks she is....

Nope, hence my earlier comment to exactly that effect. I mean what is the attraction of fake breasts, I wonder?

Science - a true eccentric

Cannot agree with that. He's too conscious of his behaviour to be eccentric. Plus his head's too far up his jacksie. Agree about Eugene though: C4 are exploiting him and it's becoming a little uncomfortable now...

Can we just get back to discussing BB in a friendly way,...

What a bizarre notion.

I really honestly truthfully believed that Discussion Forums were all about exchanging different views, being challenged, politely hopefully and often with a little humour, and to debate those views in an open way, making some use of the anonimity the Internet gives.

My tone maybe mildly confrontational at times, but it is generally laced with self-deprecation as well, and is intended to encourage debate, not a hasty retreat to friendly comfort zones.

Anyway, where can I see a picture of Makosi's nipples, so I can pass judgment and join in the discussion?