BGO on Twitter

tagesmann

How's your Agatha Christie challenge going Nellie?

Currently reading no. 23, Three Act Tragedy. There have been some excellent books, but also some real turkeys...

I took a little break earlier in the year, I think I reached murder mystery saturation!

Edited by Nellie

There have been some excellent books, but also some real turkeys...

I think I reached murder mystery saturation!

:D That could happen! I used to like reading Agatha Christie as a kid - my intro to crime fiction I guess. which may be true for a lot of people.

:D That could happen! I used to like reading Agatha Christie as a kid - my intro to crime fiction I guess. which may be true for a lot of people.

I read many of them when I was young too. This time round they are interesting from a social history point of view, something I didn't really appreciate previously. Clearly people still love them as the Christie blog posts are really popular!

Hello Tag:  I responded to you on Twitter, just don't know how the system works, seems I had signed up long ago for news broadcasts and other things so got rid of most of them but guess I should add BGO?  Did put in a plug for BGO but think I might be happier on FB as the Twitter thing is a bit foreign to me.   :dunno:

Hello Ting M - and welcome - thanks for words of sympathy re Twitter. Much of this cyberspace stuff baffles me, but I keep trying. Son was visiting from out of town and was setting up some app for me on my IPad - don' t really know what it was but I do know the password should I ever figure out what it's for. :)

If you don't use Twitter much you shouldn't bother. But re-tweets will help spread the word.

Tag's right. It certainly helps BGO's profile on Twitter if it appears to have many followers, but the best way to spread the word about the site is to spread the tweets themselves by re-tweeting them to anyone who is following you.

If publishers follow us, and they see we are discussing their books, this will also help.

As for me, I was quite active on Twitter whilst studying for my MSc a couple of years ago, but my own account @grahammath is now pretty much dormant. Twitter, I found, was even worse than Facebook for eating up valuable time.    

• 1 month later...