tagesmann

BGO on Twitter

We are now on twitter.

Follow us @BookGroupOnline

I aim to tweet all new book reviews but feel free to tweet anything from the site yourself.

And any suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

We are now on twitter.

d055.gif

Brilliant to see us extending our reach ever further on social media.  Many thanks to Tag for taking this on - do please follow, retweet and spread the word!

We already have one follower. Jeremy D'Eagle.

It's a cheat because I knew his twitter name and followed him first. But he did reciprocate. 

I don't know how to tweet, never have joined Twitter.

Me neither. I ought to have a go though.  Might screw up my courage ... after my holiday ... perhaps!

I'm on Twitter but have never 'tweeted' - will have to have a look for my password and have a go.  :)

Following! 

I have a twitter account for my blog, but don't use it much. I shall try harder :)

How's your Agatha Christie challenge going Nellie?

How's your Agatha Christie challenge going Nellie?

Currently reading no. 23, Three Act Tragedy. There have been some excellent books, but also some real turkeys...

I took a little break earlier in the year, I think I reached murder mystery saturation!

Edited by Nellie

There have been some excellent books, but also some real turkeys...

I think I reached murder mystery saturation!

:D That could happen! I used to like reading Agatha Christie as a kid - my intro to crime fiction I guess. which may be true for a lot of people.

:D That could happen! I used to like reading Agatha Christie as a kid - my intro to crime fiction I guess. which may be true for a lot of people.

I read many of them when I was young too. This time round they are interesting from a social history point of view, something I didn't really appreciate previously. Clearly people still love them as the Christie blog posts are really popular!

Hello Tag:  I responded to you on Twitter, just don't know how the system works, seems I had signed up long ago for news broadcasts and other things so got rid of most of them but guess I should add BGO?  Did put in a plug for BGO but think I might be happier on FB as the Twitter thing is a bit foreign to me.   :dunno:

Hello Tag:  I responded to you on Twitter, just don't know how the system works,

Ting Mikyunyu is following!  Sympathise muchly with momac re Twitter, though I will try tweeting re BGO.  As to Facebook ... :eek:

Hello Ting M - and welcome - thanks for words of sympathy re Twitter. Much of this cyberspace stuff baffles me, but I keep trying. Son was visiting from out of town and was setting up some app for me on my IPad - don' t really know what it was but I do know the password should I ever figure out what it's for. :)

If you don't use Twitter much you shouldn't bother. But re-tweets will help spread the word.

Tag's right. It certainly helps BGO's profile on Twitter if it appears to have many followers, but the best way to spread the word about the site is to spread the tweets themselves by re-tweeting them to anyone who is following you.

If publishers follow us, and they see we are discussing their books, this will also help.

As for me, I was quite active on Twitter whilst studying for my MSc a couple of years ago, but my own account @grahammath is now pretty much dormant. Twitter, I found, was even worse than Facebook for eating up valuable time.    

The Kills by Richard House, just longlisted for the #ManBooker Prize. http://bit.ly/19xoI1p  Pay with a tweet and get book one FREE!

If you follow our Twitter feed you might have seen this already.

Sutler, Book I of The Kills is available for free just by tweeting. Follow the link above.