tagesmann

Vote For The First Bgo Book Group Read Of 2013

Vote for the first BGO book group read of 2013  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which book do you want to read and discuss?

• March Violets - Philip Kerr
    • Orlando - Virginia Woolf
    • Frankenstein - Mary Shelley

.................something makes you think differently before the poll closes then I think you should be able to change your vote.

All bookies take note. Orlando may be odds on but watch out for Frankenstein.............................

Personally backing each way* , library has already found both for me .

*But I did vote and haven't changed it.

Edited by grasshopper

All bookies take note. Orlando may be odds on but watch out for Frankenstein............................

Keeping my fingers crossed for some latecomers!

A message to Tag:  I'm reading March Violets and realize that I've read a Bernie Gunther book before on your recommendation, which I enjoyed, maybe I mentioned it?  Anyway, it was one of the Station books where Gunther is quietly working against the Nazis. In March Violets he seems a tad more vulgar than what I remember from the other book, maybe he gets better with age as this seems to be the first in line? :unsure:   Anyway, the story is fine and I'll try to overlook his smart alecky and politically incorrect attitude towards women.  I guess this was before women's lib anyway!   :rolleyes:  

That's a different series momac. They are by David Downing. I can't find the threads and so will try to repost about them.

That's a different series momac. They are by David Downing. I can't find the threads and so will try to repost about them.

I guess that's why the character seemed so different! :D  Obviously my memory is again playing tricks -  :rolleyes: