Keep Subscribers? You Decide

David

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep the Subscribers Group with a small, one-off donation?

• Yes
    • No

Something unusual happened, signed in on Internet Explorer, not Google Chrome, and was able to access the threads - so that's one for the books, Google Chrome must be the culprit and it's supposed to be the best!  Well, I can't argue with success so will use Internet Explorer for getting on BGO and Chrome for all others.  This cyber business is a puzzle.

Okay, I'll vote.  I'm in favor of keeping it and I don't care if freebies come to those of us overseas, either.  Although maybe ebooks will make that issue moot.

Google Chrome must be the culprit and it's supposed to be the best!  Well, I can't argue with success so will use Internet Explorer for getting on BGO and Chrome for all others.  This cyber business is a puzzle.

It certainly is, momac, since IE10 gives me issues when I try to use the Admin panel - I have to use Chrome to perform some functions!  Anyway, I'm very glad you've resolved your problem!

Although maybe ebooks will make that issue moot.

That would definitely be good.  I don't know what international restrictions exist with ebooks, but the problem we had before wasn't about postage, rather the different publication dates between countries and publishers feeling they don't want to step on the toes of other publishers or divisions elsewhere.

Hmmm.  It seems the software closes the whole thread, not just the poll.  I must look at that.  Tried opening it and the vote opens again.

Anyway, reasonably decisive in the end, which is good.  We keep the status quo, then.  I'll sort it out tomorrow and once I'm clear from our developer about plugins I'll get the subscription one installed.  And I'll make sure there's a very clear explanation of what subscribing means.

I must say, as discussions continued I was much more convinced myself about the positives of continuing with subscriptions, so I can very easily get behind that decision.  People made some very good points.

Thanks for taking the time to express your opinions and vote.