megustaleer

Change-a-Letter Book Titles

Love reading these, can't seem to think of any myself but appreciate those who can.   :)

---but I'll keep thinking!

I'm with you momac! I keep scanning my titles, but nothing seems to suggest itself.   :scratchhe  I think you need some kind of devious synaptic connections for this game.

I'm with you momac! I keep scanning my titles, but nothing seems to suggest itself.   :scratchhe  I think you need some kind of devious synaptic connections for this game.

Yep, I'm the same way. I guess I'm just not that clever. But I love reading them!

Just made this (now corrected) typo on another thread:

The Hose of Silk - to see how well Anthony Horowitz pulls it off.

Thought it would fit nicely here   ;)  

:lmao:  :arms:

I, too,  lack inspiration for this thread, but certainly enjoy reading it.

Margaret Atwood's sizzling and spicy tale of Emeril's war against boring food- Bland Assassin

Margaret Atwood's raucous yarn about the hidden, penisless, speakeasies in the Republic of Gilead, where womb slaves go to get their funk on- The Handmaid's Ale

Margaret Atwood's twisted tale of a contortionist who fakes her own death after ruining the lives of 3 frenemies by pin holing their condoms- The Rubber Bride

"Tie Dyeing" by Lee Child (that's how I read it just now! :scratchhe ), but I can't provide a synopsis because I've never read it. Maybe someone else can help me here?

Edited by Ting Mikyunyu

"Tie Dyeing" by Lee Child (that's how I read it just now! :scratchhe ), but I can't provide a synopsis because I've never read it. Maybe someone else can help me here?

The idea is to provide a synopsis of a book with the 'new' title you have created.

Which in this case is clearly a book written in the 1970s about turning your tired old clothes into  bright funky fashion items

William Boyd imagines the diary entries of a nomadic tomcat as he goes through a lifetime of naps and laps- Any human heat

William Boyd's novel follows the journal entries of the lifetime of a food critic especially enthralled with spicy Chinese organ cuisine- Any Hunan Heart

William Boyd chronicles the several bodies inhabited by a transplanted heart which originated in the chest of a pedantic English professor, and the way in which their improved grammar changes their lives-An Human Heart

Which in this case is clearly a book written in the 1970s about turning your tired old clothes into  bright funky fashion items

Thanks Meg! :)

Nevil Shute’s pre-apocalypse/present lockdown novel On the Bleach.

Absolutely delighted to see this thread resurrected after a six & half year silence., and with a nicely topical title!

Just spent a happy half-hour reading through it. Some very funny and clever ones posted in the past - I hope we can continue in the same vein.

Not such a clever one, but my best at this time of night:

The Dutch Mouse 

Anne Patchett's in depth biography of the clog-wearing mouse, living in a windmill in old Amsterdam, and celebrated in song by Ronnie Hilton in the1950s

20 hours ago, megustaleer said:

The Dutch Mouse 

Anne Patchett's in depth biography of the clog-wearing mouse, living in a windmill in old Amsterdam, and celebrated in song by Ronnie Hilton in the1950s

That’s brilliant! 😀

Gerald Durrell’s My Family and Bother Animals. 

Living in 1930s Corfu, young Gerald has an unpleasant experience with the local fauna, so never keeps them as pets, apart from his dog Roger. Lovely description of the pristine villas they inhabit in.

When All is Paid  by Anne Griffin

Kirsten and Kevin have quite different ideas on how their lives might change, once the forthcoming final payment is made on their mortgage. 

As they talk with each other about the future their plans seem compatible enough, but the author gives us access to their inner thoughts and private intentions ....

The Woman in Shite  

Wilkie Collins in depth look at the disasters some women wear. A fashion essential book for the women who know,

Edited by Clavain

A Broom of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf

Virginia’s memoir of her early years at Hogwarts. An important feminist text for young witches.

Big Sty by Kate Atkinson

An in depth look at industrial pig farming in Norfolk. *** May contain material offensive to vegetarians and vegans ***

Crimp and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Ex-salon student Raskolnikov committed the heinous no-no of crimping! Well, at least he didn’t fashion a mullet.....

The Midlife Murders - James Patterson

Sometime between his 45th and 55th birthday a man starts to feel dissatisfied with his life.

He feels that time to make changes is running short.  He starts making unusual choices ...

Not all men at that crisis point make the kind of choices Rocky Rivers makes - choices that destroy many of the families in the small town where he was born and raised .

In Search of Lost Timex - Marcel Proust (1 slim novella)

Young Marcel loses his timepiece at bedtime, but his mother doesn’t scold him, and gives him his nighttime kiss early, as usual.

Three Men in a Boa - Jerome K Jerome 

Calamity and horror for the zoo keepers at the Reptile House.

Edited by Marie H

5 hours ago, Marie H said:

Three Men in a Boa - Jerome K Jerome 

Calamity and horror for the zoo keepers at the Reptile House.

:clap:

And Quiet Flows the Dom - Mikhail Sholokhov

Not quiet enough Mr Cummings: A ridiculous explanation !