Reputation System

David

IP Board comes with something new to us - a reputation system.  It allows members to vote on posted content, which will affect a member's reputation.  This can be both in a good way, and bad!  But we can change these aspects.

You can read about the introduction of this system here and of the recent development of a 'like' system here.

By default we have the 'like' system enabled.  This is just a positive system - you can't have a 'don't like' option!  In the other system you could cast a negative vote and it could even be that if a certain number of negative votes were given the post then becomes hidden from view (unless in your personal options you've disabled that action).

People who get lots of likes get a bigger reputation!  And, of course, if you don't get a lot of likes, you remain ordinary!

So, what would you all like to do with this?  Is it something that fits with how you want BGO to work?

Hmmm!  That's a difficult one.  On Facebook when I use "Like" it's because I've noted the post but don't have a comment one way or the other.  I'd probably be happy with being ordinary. :)

Please then also take the Warnings notice off my picture.  Makes it look as though I'm the one most likely to run into trouble.   :dunno:

Edited by momac

Please then also take the Warnings notice off my picture.  Makes it look as though I'm the one most likely to run into trouble.   :dunno:

momac, we all have the warning points score under our names.

On another thread iff (who has used another forum with the same feature) says members can only see their own warning points.

The moderators can see everybody's, so I hadn't realised that.

momac, we all have the warning points score under our names.

On another thread iff (who has used another forum with the same feature) says members can only see their own warning points.

The moderators can see everybody's, so I hadn't realised that.

I've disabled the entire system for the moment pending any final decision emerging from discussion on this thread.

Whew!  What a relief. :)

:D

I'm glad you're relieved, momac - but honestly, the day you did anything which earned you a single warning point would be the day I paid surgeons to swap my arms with my legs.  The world would have to be that messed up!  Remember that forums will display different things to different people, depending on settings, so don't ever worry.  I'm not Santa, but I'd bet my bank account on you not being on his list of naughty girls!