BGO on Mobiles

David

I got into a muddle of excitement in the first flush of seeing the new BGO, so using my mobile on the bus to yoga I managed to quote David without posting anything. It actually seems to be fairly easy to use when one is likely to be in a more steady frame of mind and not dissimilar to what I am seeing here on the desktop.

The mobile version of the site looks fine on my HTC running Android, but unless I'm being spectacularly dense (very likely) I can't see any way to post or reply to anything, making it mobile and read-only for me at the moment...

I found out on my mobile that the new BGO was live while travelling on the bus and in a frenzy of excitement managed to quote David without actually posting anything. It seems pretty easy to use on an iPhone with most of the desktop features (provided you remain level-headed).

The mobile version of the site looks fine on my HTC running Android, but unless I'm being spectacularly dense (very likely) I can't see any way to post or reply to anything, making it mobile and read-only for me at the moment...

You certainly should be able to post, waawo.  Anyone know what the problem there might be?

I haven't tried on my phone but gave used it a lot on my Android tablet.

The only diiference I can see is that the posting box doesn't give me any options such as fonts, emoticons etc.

I'm not sure why that would be.  Anyone else get this?

:-):-);-);-)

Those emoticons should have translated into little green faces as they do for messages, so phones do not seem to support the special features for replies and only the basic keyboard.

There are two versions  of BGO you can use on my phone, Mobile version and Full version. The full version is the complete view just as on PC, the mobile version is more basic with just section headers, but is easier to navigate around if you know what you are looking for.

To change between the two scroll down as far as you can go and you will find tab either "Full version" in the centre or "Üse Mobile Version"" on the left.

When I first tried new BGO after changeover was complete it automatically came in Mobile Version and I only found the tabs by accident.

Edited by grasshopper

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed how easy it is to slip into Amazon by accident on your phone when using the BGO site?  Miss on the page number, after all they are small, heypresto Amazon! Accidental swipe on blank spot , surprise there's Amazon again!

Amaz(on) ing :yup:

Edited by grasshopper

Those emoticons should have translated into little green faces as they do for messages, so phones do not seem to support the special features for replies and only the basic keyboard.

:-):-);-);-)

:) :) ;) ;)

Hm, looks like only two character emoticons are in IPB's book of smileys, whether you're using the phone or the web client...

Has anyone else noticed how easy it is to slip into Amazon by accident on your phone when using the BGO site?  Miss on the page number, after all they are small, heypresto Amazon! Accidental swipe on blank spot , surprise there's Amazon again!

Amaz(on) ing :yup:

It's a conspiracy! ;)

It's a conspiracy!

We're a kind and caring board which appreciates members spilling the beans on our clandestine operations to increase Amazon revenues.

Waawo will be invited into the Spoiler Room for tea, cakes and thanks.

action-smiley-073.gif

;)