New Site - New Features!

David

I notice subscribers don't have the "warning points" field - are they immune? ;)

'Subscribers' was a group title imported into the board which didn't match anything  in the standard setup, so I think they will have been subject to a different default setting.  Even I've got a warning points label, so I'd better not get cross with myself.

Edit - ah, I see from Hazel's response that in fact they do!  If you remember where you saw that, waawo I'll have a look in case there's a glitch in someone's personal settings.

One of the possibilities available to us is developing the board's capabilities with plugins.  Many of these are free and there are also paid-for applications.  It's one very effective way of improving our experience here.  For instance, one I definitely want to get (free) is the plugin which shows if people are online or not when you're reading a thread - remember our little green lights on Classic BGO?  That isn't available as standard and already I miss it.

Anyway, I want to talk with our developer first, but if you're interested you can see what's on offer here.

'Subscribers' was a group title imported into the board which didn't match anything  in the standard setup, so I think they will have been subject to a different default setting.  Even I've got a warning points label, so I'd better not get cross with myself.

Edit - ah, I see from Hazel's response that in fact they do!  If you remember where you saw that, waawo I'll have a look in case there's a glitch in someone's personal settings.

another forum i am on uses this type of board. from this, you can only see your own warning points field underneath your avatar..

Edited by iff

I don't want to post this on the "problems" thread as it's maybe just me, but I am having trouble with the "first unread post" feature.

I sometimes get a link at the top of the thread to go to the first unread post, but it doesn't take me there: on a longer thread, it took me to posts from several years ago. And I can't see how to do this from the forum or from the list of new content (ie like you used to be able to click on the tiny arrow next to the thread title and go right to the new post/s)

Not sure if I am missing something: I have only looked on my tablet. I have just got home and can wallow in BGOland now!

I don't want to post this on the "problems" thread as it's maybe just me, but I am having trouble with the "first unread post" feature.

I sometimes get a link at the top of the thread to go to the first unread post, but it doesn't take me there: on a longer thread, it took me to posts from several years ago.

Hmmm.  To be honest I hadn't even noticed this feature!  However, I think this may simply be because of the move to a new board with lots of old content.  Being a different piece of software I guess it's just not sure about the first post you haven't read.  I suspect it will keep taking you back to very old posts because it was different software which registered what you last looked at.  One you've looked at a thread here it should probably remember it properly.

One of the possibilities available to us is developing the board's capabilities with plugins.  Many of these are free and there are also paid-for applications.  It's one very effective way of improving our experience here.  For instance, one I definitely want to get (free) is the plugin which shows if people are online or not when you're reading a thread - remember our little green lights on Classic BGO?  That isn't available as standard and already I miss it.

Okay, well having got the go-ahead from our developer I can now install applications and 'hooks' which add features to the board.  I've set up a simple one which shows when people are online or offline without you having to hover over their name.  It's not quite as subtle as the old green lights, but see what you think - personally I quite like seeing who's online as I'm going through threads.  But the box is larger than I'd have liked.  These things are free, so no worries if people don't like it.  I can easily deactivate it.

Any chance of getting a plugin (free, hopefully) that'll tell me  the last time I was online?  I really miss that.

I'm afraid I can't find one, Luna.  I suspect they feel this function is intended more for people to see when others were last online rather than themselves.