Amazon - USA!

David

Along with the new site I'm very pleased to give our transatlantic members some good news - you can now buy from Amazon through a BGO Amazon USA link!

This, I have to say, has been a tortuous affair to set up, and I want to express huge thanks to Binker, without whom this would not have been possible.

Simply creating a US Amazon account if you're not US-based is difficult enough, and in fact my initial application was refused!  Binker has very kindly agreed to manage this account for us, which meant we could set a new Associates account up.  So, members across the pond can now support BGO as they shop!

The Amazon link at the top of the page is the UK Amazon account - now the correct one, so no need to use the link I posted in the Amazon thread.  The link at the bottom of the page is to Amazon.com.

This is a great help to BGO and I am extremely grateful to Binker!

Thank you.

:flowers:

You are so welcome.  I was glad to help.  It really wasn't all that difficult, although there were a few hiccups along the way.  David's really going to do most of the managing.  I just have to get the money to him as it comes in.  So, this means that I order through the link at the bottom of the page?  And can Momac also order through that link?  I hope so.  I'm now going to encourage my friends and family to order that way, even if they aren't readers.

So, this means that I order through the link at the bottom of the page?  And can Momac also order through that link?  I hope so.  I'm now going to encourage my friends and family to order that way, even if they aren't readers.

Yup, just go through the link at the bottom of the page - or probably easiest is to make that page your bookmark for Amazon, then when you go to it the purchase will still count.  And you can, of course, pass that link on to friends and family - it won't cost them anything more!

So long as people from Canada can use US Amazon momac should be able to use it, yes.

What about an Amazon France one now???

It's a fair question, Viccie.  To be honest it's not as straightforward as you might think, not least because of the complexities of payment.  You would either have to connect your own bank account to Amazon, or accept the payment in Amazon vouchers and pass the money on to us (cheques carry significant financial penalties).  I think we'd have to ask ourselves if the revenue generated was really worth it.  With the American Amazon there's obviously a good potential for lots of users in the future, but I fear that's less true for France.  Since we actually look like being quite comfortable now for the future in financial terms it's not something which I would argue for myself, but if it's something you'd really like to do send me a PM.

Good news about Amazon.com - I get all my Kindle books from there and my credit card can attest to the fact that I spend quite a chunk per month, so will be pleased to go through BGO.

A book-loving work friend just ordered through the link!  So far, I've only asked her and my husband (for whom "asked" is a euphemism) to use the link.  But I plan to expand to more of my friends and relatives.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...