Sign in to follow this  
Hazel

Sci-Fi for those who hate Sci-Fi

Idly checking for a thread on Isaac Asimov's Foundation series (there's not one yet) when I came across this little gem. So, Momac, have you ever managed to slip the word 'rebarbative' into casual conversation?

Forgot that I ever knew it, still don't know what it means or if I ever looked to find out. Obviously not a priority at the time. :)

Rebarbative:  unattractive and objectionable.  I've been actively seeking the opportunity to use it for some time, but have not yet found one.

Rebarbative: unattractive and objectionable. I've been actively seeking the opportunity to use it for some time, but have not yet found one.

Thanks Binker, will stick in my memory now, don't know if I'll have an occasion to use it - it sort of loses it's sting if you have to explain it. :)

Edited by momac

Guest AvidReader

Thanks Binker, will stick in my memory now, don't know if I'll have an occasion to use it - it sort of loses it's sting if you have to explain it. :)

Naah the puzzled look is the reward, even better if they ask what it means, otherwise how the heck do you show off the benefits of reading :) LOL

Naah the puzzled look is the reward, even better if they ask what it means, otherwise how the heck do you show off the benefits of reading :) LOL

:D