BGO on Facebook

David

Fixed it!  Can now see everything, but don't want to divulge what I did cos it's embarrassing!

Please divulge luna! Not so I can have a chuckle at your expense, just for my own knowledge, especially when I look after the FB page. PM me if it's too embarrassing.

I just wanted to record public thanks to Hazel for her sterling efforts on Facebook to tide us through a difficult time on BGO. I know I Haven't responded on Facebook but I have read Hazel's posts and they were/are a useful reminder to revisit BGO when it had fallen off the regular clicking pattern. I thought BGO would die (I have always been a pessimist) but if it is surviving then I think Hazel has played and enormous and unsung role in making it happen. 

I thought BGO would die (I have always been a pessimist) but if it is surviving then I think Hazel has played and enormous and unsung role in making it happen. 

Hazel's done a fantastic job with Facebook and it's definitely been a great way of helping people re-engage with the group.  I'm extremely grateful for everything she's done, as she well knows, and I think it's going to be a very important part of spreading the word about BGO in the future.

I just wanted to record public thanks to Hazel for her sterling efforts on Facebook to tide us through a difficult time on BGO. I know I Haven't responded on Facebook but I have read Hazel's posts and they were/are a useful reminder to revisit BGO when it had fallen off the regular clicking pattern. I thought BGO would die (I have always been a pessimist) but if it is surviving then I think Hazel has played and enormous and unsung role in making it happen. 

Me too.  Great job Hazel. :arms:

Good work Hazel, and I love seeing the BGO FB posts appearing on my e-mail, always something new.   In fact, I like all the notifications I receive, feels like letters from home.  :)

Edited by momac

I am just glad the FB page is going well and doesn't feel like it is trying to supplant BGO - just a simple addition, or as MrHG says a prompt reminding you to visit BGO. Don't even think I'll let you forget about us! :grumble:

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few FB sites that I follow because they always have clever little cartoons or whatever and I've noticed that when you "share" them, the name of the original location shows up.  If they are clever enough, they get shared and shared and shared and that's one way to get BGO's name circulated.  I tried to do that with Luna's post today, but it showed the name of the original location, not BGO.  Hmmph.

The other way is to work BGO's name into the cartoon.  For example, I had a friend who posted "10 Signs that you are a Grammar Nerd" (which I re-posted to my FB feed) and item #7 was "You follow Grammarly on FB and the #Grammar Hashtag on Twitter."  And it was from Grammarly's FB feed.  Everyone who commented said that they were going to run right over and check out Grammarly.  

This may all be a lot more work than anyone wants to undertake (or has the talent to undertake, in my case), but I thought I'd mention it.

Not that I'm an expert but if you go to Grammarly's page click on that photo and at the bottom of that page click on options you can download the photo and then repost it as you please.  I kept it the way it is because it gives credit to Grammerly and I know that at least one page has been forcibly shut down by FB for not giving credit.  That and it's immoral, imho, to repost something that isn't originally yours.  When I do it, I always credit where I got it from, so I suppose the photo can be downloaded from Grammerly, posted onto BGO and credit given to Grammerly which would serve two purposes.  I wonder if FB Admin i.e. Hazel would be comfortable with that?

One thing we do have to consider is writers posting on the page about their books - are we ok with it? I've had a couple that I have just deleted up until now but I know we let authors publicise here as long as they are upfront about it. I assume then that the same should apply to the FB page?

One thing we do have to consider is writers posting on the page about their books - are we ok with it? I've had a couple that I have just deleted up until now but I know we let authors publicise here as long as they are upfront about it. I assume then that the same should apply to the FB page?

I'm certainly okay with that.  I think just use your judgement about whether it's taking liberties or not.  And you're certainly experienced in spotting the "I've just found this marvellous book!" post!