David

Time to Donate!

Now done.

Sorry I was a bit late, hadn't seen this thread, until David PMd me as I'm not around much these days!

Looking forward to see this thing rejuvenated....

Thanks for that, RR!

("This thing"?!)

;)

All funds are now in - thanks very much indeed, everyone. We're scheduled to get the work done either at the end of this week or early next.

All funds are now in - thanks very much indeed, everyone. We're scheduled to get the work done either at the end of this week or early next.

Yay! I am all a-quiver!

Great pictures and photos Hazel, where do you get them all, I guess a lot of them are of your dog, but the others? All very nice.

Great pictures and photos Hazel, where do you get them all, I guess a lot of them are of your dog, but the others? All very nice.
On my Flickr?

On my Flickr?

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Those are your pictures and photos?

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Those are your pictures and photos?
Yes, Momac, all mine. Thank you for your nice comments. Isn't my Brodie (my beagle) lovely?

Yes, Momac, all mine. Thank you for your nice comments. Isn't my Brodie (my beagle) lovely?
Yes indeed Hazel. So impressed with your photographic studies. Are they competition pieces?

So impressed with your photographic studies. Are they competition pieces?
Good golly no, I am just a mess-abouter. But thank you for your comment Barblue. I think I tend to pick hobbies that take me away on my lonesome!

I have to say I am surprised and impressed - it can be difficult to turn pledges into reality.

Yes Hazel, he looks like a real sweetheart. He can stay at our house any time he wants to visit. :)

I have to say I am surprised and impressed - it can be difficult to turn pledges into reality.
Such is the decency and devotion of BGOers and of course David pulling it altogether. Thank you everyone.

Yes Hazel, he looks like a real sweetheart. He can stay at our house any time he wants to visit. :)
Brodie's a she and I'll allow her to visit Canada as long as there is room for me too!

It really says a lot about the sort of people we have on BGO that this wasn't a problem. In fact, three days after I opened the donate thread we'd got 22 of the 25 pledges in! That surprised even me!

We're very nearly there now and people will soon be able to enjoy our brand new site.

It shows you how much the site means to people. We may not visit every day or post a lot but it's comforting knowing that it is there and for it not to be, well...that was unthinkable.

Brodie's a she and I'll allow her to visit Canada as long as there is room for me too!

Of course, she couldn't come without her Mum. Any reference to Miss Jean?

:D

Of course, she couldn't come without her Mum. Any reference to Miss Jean?

:D

:D Actually reference to our favourite film, Jaws, and the wonderful Chief Brody. It was a choice between Hooper, Brody or Quint. Hooper has Celtic Football connotations in Glasgow. Quint sounds like a rude word for vagina when said in a Glaswegian accent. So Brody it was but we changed the spelling to make it a little more Scottish.

We have now finished the core work of transferring the site and I have paid the final invoice.  We raised just enough money!  I'll still be keeping some of the future Amazon takings to settle the hosting costs, which I paid up front, but that will soon be settled.  (Apart from a payment from Bill relating to the old site's account, I haven't actually had anything from Amazon yet - this does take a while to come through, but it's coming!).

We have about £30 left, and part of that may well be used to buy the tagging application we need.  Over time we'll get more apps.  Where they're free I'll just get them, as I already have with the Who's Online buttons on each post.  If there's a cost involved I'll always tell you and if people object we won't do it.  These costs will be met through the Amazon takings, and I'll cover it short term if there's nothing in the kitty at that moment.  (They're never very expensive - the tagging one is only $17).

It's also worth noting that whilst the IP Board licence entitles us to use this software for good, there's a renewal every 6 months of $25.  We don't have to do this, but it means when there's an upgrade, they do it for us, and it also plugs us into their anti-spam measures, which I think will always be worthwhile, so I hope everyone would agree we need to keep that going.

But here we are - this is the new site as created by our Partners!  Thank you one and all; this has ended up even better than I'd hoped and I am very proud of new BGO.  We have a stunning board and the community is busier and more interesting than ever.  I think the future's looking pretty darned good and every single Partner has a great big hug from me.  Your generosity was extraordinary and the achievement remarkable.

Thank you.

a030.gif

I've loved being a part of this community from the day I found it.  Helping to save it with a small donation has been one of the best things I've done.  IMHO even with the generosity of all the Partners, none of this would have been possible without you David and all the Mods.  Thank you all very much for all your work.  :love: