Sign in to follow this  
Bill

FREE BOOK OFFER - The Lady Soldier by Jennifer Lindsay

Just to say that I have passed all your addresses on to the publishers, and hopefully you will be receiving your copies soon.

Just to let you know that the publishers have been a little overwhelmed by the response, and are trying to find a way of sourcing enough books for everyone.

If you're wondering what on earth has happened to your free copies of The Lady Soldier, they are on their way at last. Hopefully they will be with you by Friday or Saturday.

Mine came today - I have to say the cover doesnt impress and I am not sure it is my thing but I am looking forward to reading something I wouldn't normally pick up and a reviewr on Amazon gave it a good review!

Thanks!

The cover didn't look like my thing at all, but now I've started it I'm really quite enjoying it, thank you!

I read the whole lot over the weekend, which I haven't done with a book for ages - and I enjoyed it far far more than I expected, it really hooked me in.

Looking forward to being able to discuss it :)

I'm very glad that the copies of The Lady Soldier got out in the end and that we've got this exciting opportunity to discuss it coming up shortly. The delay with the copies was because the first edition had literally sold out and we were waiting for the reprint.

There is some info about the historical inspiration for the story on the website if anyone is interested.

And here's some photos from the book launch party: here - scroll down - including some of the lovely redcoat re-enactors who came along to bring the evening to life!

Kate

(co-author, aka half of 'Jennifer Lindsay')

Oops - forgot to let Bill know I had moved house. Found it when we went back to hoover in the old place!

Now at the top of my TBR pile - thanks!!!!!

Back home now from 2 wonderful weeks in Mallorca and found my copy with lots of not so exciting post. Looking forward to reading and joining in the discussions.