Your corner of the web

Claire

Does anyone have any sort of website that they are prepared to confess to? Home pages or blogs or a corner of BookCrossing or anything similar?

Own up to them here, so we can all go and have a look!

My blog is here. I can't imagine it's of much interest to anyone who doesn't already know me in real life - but I offer it up as an encouragement to other people to do likewise and let us know a bit more about themselves.

Go on, you know you want to ;)

=============

(If you haven't come across a blog before, it's like an online diary, with the most recent entry at the top, so you end up sort of reading it backwards as you go down the page!)

I have my own website but I don't know if I'm brave enough to publicise it too much yet.

It's got loads of photographs and information about places I've visited, a bit about my hometown Cambridge, photos of my cats and photos of my cross stitch. :)

I plan to keep adding to it as and when I visit other places. :)

Should I post the link or not? :eek:

Had a look at your website granny weatherwax. I am very impressed with your cross-stitch collection. I just have unfinished and un-started (is that a word??) kits. I must try harder!

I love your cats. We used to have a blue-cream persian and a chinchilla. They have such wonderful characters. We have 8 moggies now, five of which are almost 6 week old kittens, all beautiful dark grey and white in various markings, and we are going to keep them all. I know I am mad - the neutering, the worming, the vaccinations, the feeding etc. We live on a farm and I can't imagine sending them to live anywhere else.

Audley End House is so beautiful. We lived in Saffron Walden for nearly 6 years and never got there I am ashamed to admit. Seeing your photos makes me wish we had.

Well done! Your website gets the thumbs up from me :)

I don't have a website of my own I'm afraid, but I'm planning to set one up sometime soon... all I have to do first is learn to write in html so I can make it myself! If anyone can recommend any good books or online tutorials that'd be great... if not then I'll be off to use the all-knowing Google! :D

Here is mine

http://www.starry-starry.me.uk

It has kind of evolved over the last couple of years from a database of (very rubbish) book reviews to a online reading diary. I also have lots of pictures of my beloved cats.

I don't have a website of my own I'm afraid, but I'm planning to set one up sometime soon... all I have to do first is learn to write in html so I can make it myself! If anyone can recommend any good books or online tutorials that'd be great... if not then I'll be off to use the all-knowing Google!

Well I originally taught myself from a little book called HTML Made Easy which is very easy to follow and is a good guide to the basics. I also used a magazine called Web Pages Made Easy which is full of great advice. The web is full of great sites for HTML tutorials. One I like is Web Monkey. Have fun!

I love the design of your site, Starry - very mellow and booky!

Glad to find someone else who loves 84, Charing Cross Road - It sounds such a rubbish book when you try and describe it to someone. "Well, it's sort of these letters from a woman in America ordering books from a second-hand book shop in the UK - and the book shop staff writing back with invoices as they send the books....." But it's just fantastic! I've even seen a stage adaptation of it, and that sounded even more unlikely, but worked just as well.

I don't have my own corner of the web, but have enjoyed following the links posted here, and peeping into the lives of fellow BGOers.

I suppose one could find members' web-addresses from those incude on the members list, but I feel more as though I have been invited to the ones posted on this thread :)

Thanks Claire! Despite what you said, I liked your blog too ;) Hope everything goes well with your ordination plans.

I can't imagine anyone who loves books disliking "84 Charing Cross Road". I know what you mean though, it does sound like a rubbish book. I haven't seen a stage adaptation but I do have the film on video which is an amalgamation of 84 and The Duchess of Bloomsbury. Nowhere near as good as the book, but very enjoyable - have you seen it?

• 2 weeks later...

I just have a forum, about the His Dark Materials books here.

I only started it because the other HDM forums are really unfriendly and thought I'd give people a chance to discuss the books without being abused. ;)

Starry, I think I've been to your website before. Nice design. If only my html knowledge would stay in my head...

• 2 months later...

Glad to find someone else who loves 84, Charing Cross Road - It sounds such a rubbish book when you try and describe it to someone. "Well, it's sort of these letters from a woman in America ordering books from a second-hand book shop in the UK - and the book shop staff writing back with invoices as they send the books....." But it's just fantastic! I've even seen a stage adaptation of it, and that sounded even more unlikely, but worked just as well.

You have me interested, I'm off to do a search...

Starry, your cats are so beautiful :)

Starry, your cats are so beautiful

Thanks Tess, I think they are beautiful too, if a little heavy when they both try to get on my lap at once. They weigh about a stone each and are currently on a diet :D

Starry, I think I've been to your website before. Nice design. If only my html knowledge would stay in my head...

Thanks Sara, your forum looks great. It has been ages since I read His Dark Materials, otherwise I would sign up and join in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

I've recently discovered blogging. I have one with my friends with whom I go walking. We use it to post suggestions and make arrangements, and to post photos afterwards. It's been a lot of fun so far, but I can't share it here as we have set it to private - just in case any strange people thought our arrangements for walks constituted an open invitation. I think that's a shame in a way, as I quite liked the idea of having an audience!

• 4 weeks later...

I started a literature blog quite a few months back (see link below) to indulge my love of textual analysis! My super fiancé built the website and I just update whenever I get the chance (not that often) on whatever takes my fancy. Mostly I've kept it secret – I refuse to tell any friends/family about it – but for some reason I don't mind people I don't know reading it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...